Fundraising ideas - Glasgow style

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Fundraising ideas - Glasgow style

Postby babyreecesdaddy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:51 pm

Hi all,

I do a bit of volunteering with a charity and I wanted to come up with a fundraising idea that's something different from climbing a hill or running a race.

Does anyone have experience of the crane abseils or have any other suggestions?

I had considered kayaking Inverness to Fort William but someone else suggested Kayaking the River Clyde - But I'm not sure if that's possible!

Has anyone got more 'unusual' ideas?
babyreecesdaddy
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: Fundraising ideas - Glasgow style

Postby dimairt » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:47 am

I did an abseil of the Red Rd. flats many years ago, it was great. Insurance can be a bugger for this sort of event though. It is becoming harder to come up with an original idea for fund-raisers.

Durachdan,

Eddy

Ps - Just remembered that some Jags' fans did a sponsored pub-crawl of the Maryhill Rd. They crawled along the Maryhill Rd. , calling in at every pub - and there's a few still - for a drink.
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:57 pm

dimairt wrote:I did an abseil of the Red Rd. flats many years ago, it was great. Insurance can be a bugger for this sort of event though. It is becoming harder to come up with an original idea for fund-raisers.

Durachdan,

Eddy

Ps - Just remembered that some Jags' fans did a sponsored pub-crawl of the Maryhill Rd. They crawled along the Maryhill Rd. , calling in at every pub - and there's a few still - for a drink.

I'm sure there's a group of Jags fans who do a Subway crawl as well and then there is the wee guy who does the bull running in Spain
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:58 pm

Also one of the Consultants used to do an abseil off GRI for charity, the old building.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Random Distractions