George Harwood friend of my birth dad Brian

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

George Harwood friend of my birth dad Brian

Postby Midgetgem » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:51 pm

Looking for some help please folks. Hogmany 1965 and the night started in Curlers Bar. A party followed at Knightswood high flats. 9 months later I appeared and my birth father went to Drumchapel to birth mum Maureens door in Glenkirk Drive to discover I had just been given to a new family at a week old. Brian is just wee, only about 5'4". He had mid brown hair and was a smart dresser. A nice guy and handsome too. Dressed as a mod with the suit, shirt & tie, he had all the gear. When he came to Drumchapel he had on a really smart green duffel coat. My birth mum thinks that he was in a gang.

Last May I started a dedicated Facebook page to find Brian who I think is from the East End. I now know that Brian was a friend of George Harwood who lived in Barlanark. George was a Painter & Decorator and had served his apprenticeship at Andrew Gardiners on London Road. George hooked up with a bloke named Ernie Scally and for a really short time they were E&G Enterprises. Ernie provided the bucks and George managed the tradesmen to complete jobs, one being a hotel on Glassford Street. Joiners, Electricians, Plumbers and Painters. Brian my birth dad was one of them. George died years back and I have spoken to Ernie but he can't remember. It is a long time ago :(
George used to drink in the Beresford bar and dated the barman's daughter who I think was called Pat Garrety. George originally met Ernie whilst drinking in the Norsk bar. Does any of this ring any bells with anyone? Do you know anyone who may have worked with George at any point? Any tiny wee bit of information could actually be huge. Many many thanks :)

You can find me on Facebook Carol Wilson
Midgetgem
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: George Harwood friend of my birth dad Brian

Postby The Egg Man » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:47 pm

I wish you luck Carol.

My daughter turned up a few months back after 34 years. The joy is immense.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Random Distractions