Whit's fur tea?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Whit's fur tea?

Postby jodieohdoh » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:28 pm

Do you mean Gillian McKeith? I don't really think of her as Scottish for some odd reason
jodieohdoh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hungryjoe » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:31 pm

Josef wrote:Cullen skink.

It'll be lunch for the next two days as well, come to that.

I had that for the fist time today. Very tasty.
Multi dinero, multi ficky fick, multi divorce.
hungryjoe
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:52 pm

jodieohdoh wrote:
Boxer6 wrote:Ostrich is lovely and tasty, especially the burgers I tried a few months ago.

Had a rabbit & grass snake stew once, when I was in the army. Very nice it was, too.

what does grass snake taste like? Don't say grass or chicken :-D

To my mind, chicken doesn't often have much of a taste!! (Although I'm prepared to accept I just can't cook it properly!) Anyway, in this case, the whole lot was cooked (if you could call it that) for about 40 minutes in a fire, so it didn't actually have much taste other than "burnt"!! (When I said in a fire, I meant "in" a fire!! No cooking foil in the middle of the forest!)

Oh, and Jürgens; thats on Loch Prom IIRC. I went there a couple of times too, and loved it. Loved L'Experience at the bottom of Summer Hill too, and that was a bit more affordable!
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:24 pm

tobester wrote:I had pieces n meat and a bag of crisps in the romantic location of perth station bothy whilst laughiong at that scottish moron on im a celebrity

jodieohdoh wrote:Do you mean Gillian McKeith? I don't really think of her as Scottish for some odd reason

BREAKING NEWS:

Following Gillian McKeife's dramatic collapse on last nights' 'I'm a Celebrity', Dougie McDonald has awarded Rangers a penalty.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Glesga_Steve » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:30 pm

Doorstop wrote:BREAKING NEWS:

Following Gillian McKeife's dramatic collapse on last nights' 'I'm a Celebrity', Dougie McDonald has awarded Rangers a penalty.

I've just heard that the referees union has consulted the linesmen and, after listening to their view of the matter, they have decided to cancel the strike.

PS C'mon the refs!!! :wink:
Glesga_Steve
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby jodieohdoh » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:00 pm

Boxer6 wrote:Oh, and Jürgens; thats on Loch Prom IIRC. I went there a couple of times too, and loved it. Loved L'Experience at the bottom of Summer Hill too, and that was a bit more affordable!

Yep it was on Loch Prom- now in the wee alley way next to the Laughing Buddha. Unbelievably, she's got even more expensive since the move- think the trio of exotic meat was £28 last time I was there. Great food though & she's gone wild with the animal prints in the decor :-) It's been about five years since I last ate in L'Experience, did you know the chef used to work at the Rogano?
jodieohdoh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:07 pm

jodieohdoh,
As a couple of others have said already it's good to see your posts once again.
They are always interesting or entertaining.

You mentioned spag bol.
Can I ask just out of curiosity what you and others on here put in their concoctions.
I mean apart from the mince, onion, tinned tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic and tomato puree.
Mine has brown sauce, mixed herbs and a bay leaf along with a bit of worcester sauce and tabasco.
Not forgetting an oxo cube.

I am quite sure there are better recipes out there though I have heard of people putting milk, celery, carrots
in amongst other things.
If anyone has a really good recipe they are willing to share perhaps it should go on the recipe thread which Dave
started a while back. Otherwise I would be interested to hear what people think the proper ingredients are.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby jodieohdoh » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:28 pm

Dot wrote:jodieohdoh,
As a couple of others have said already it's good to see your posts once again.
They are always interesting or entertaining.

Thank you :D
Dot wrote:You mentioned spag bol.
Can I ask just out of curiosity what you and others on here put in their concoctions.

None o' yer vegetables malarkey that's for sure :-) Mushrooms! Blergh! Sometimes if I'm feeling flush I'll whack pork mince in along with the beef mince. A glug of red wine (one for the chef as well of course), a glug of balsamic vinegar, loads of garlic & a wee bit of dried oregano. Lashings & lashings of black pepper & a shovel load of grated parmesan :D I'm not too bothered about putting onions in, I think it tastes just as nice with just the garlic?

A friend of mine swears by the worcester sauce & puts some chilli powder in for a wee kick.
jodieohdoh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:39 pm

You lot are making me hungry .. and I've had my allotted 6 calories for the day .. desist forthwith lest I fall from the wagon.
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:46 pm

Thanks for that.
I did use pork mince for a while but that was only while the 'mad cow disease' was in the news and then I went
back to using the beef again.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby jodieohdoh » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:09 am

Doorstop wrote:You lot are making me hungry .. and I've had my allotted 6 calories for the day .. desist forthwith lest I fall from the wagon.

So you're on the health wagon? Good on you. I find when i'm on the health wagon I eat much more interesting & tasty stuff, coz I'm putting thought into what I'm eating & planning my meals. Currently waiting for the health wagon to stop at my hoose & cart off all the turkey drummers and frozen chips
jodieohdoh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:04 pm

Tonights offering was mashed totties, cabbage and carrots with .............

...... ostrich steaks, marinated in red wine, pat-dried then smothered in rapeseed oil salt & pepper and griddled for 5 minutes a side for me, 7 minutes for Herself.

Feckn'm GORGEOUS they were, too!
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby jodieohdoh » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:09 pm

Sounds delish! Did Doorstop inspire you with his ostrich creation or was it already on the menu?

I had a turkey breast curry with brown rice & there's enough left over for lunch :-)
jodieohdoh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:30 pm

I had another tonight and left it slightly rarer than I normally would ... absolutely the way to go .. melt in the mouth stuff.

It was like any of the best beef I've ever eaten only better .. really, really nice. I only hope they've got some left when I get to the shop tomorrow, I fully intend to get a wee stock in.
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:37 pm

jodieohdoh wrote:So you're on the health wagon? Good on you. I find when i'm on the health wagon I eat much more interesting & tasty stuff, coz I'm putting thought into what I'm eating & planning my meals. Currently waiting for the health wagon to stop at my hoose & cart off all the turkey drummers and frozen chips

::):
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions