IDS calls "War!" on the Great Unwashed.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: IDS calls "War!" on the Great Unwashed.

Postby hungryjoe » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:50 am

I've seen variations of that, quite a bit over the last year or so.
Multi dinero, multi ficky fick, multi divorce.
hungryjoe
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:08 am

Fucking nonsense though. People can't be that stupid surely?

Even Americans.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:10 am

I don't think it's stupidity, exactly, just that some people would rather believe their dreams than live a more practical existence based on available resources. I think that was the gist of the article and video.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:20 am

Basing who gets your vote on a fantasy wishlist as opposed to placing it next to a name that might actually do you some good in the real world is stupidity in my book.
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:16 pm

Background is as follows, people: a bit of satirical street theatre planned on the outskirts of the route of the Royal wedding was designated as 'likely to provoke bad feeling.'

No intelligence involved, just decided on arbitrarily by A.N. Other faceless bureaucrat with an agenda to hammer loud enough to get himself noticed.

Remember, this heinous act of sadition was on the OUTSKIRTS of the route, not the actual route itself.

Female pensioner and Professor of Anthropology arrested arrested on the quite frankly ridiculous reason, I won't dignify it with the word "charged", of 'prevention of breach of the peace'.

One other bloke had committed the treasonable act of wearing a fancy dress fabric suit of armour in a built up area. The bastard.

What the fuck?

Charlie Vietch (check him - and his Minority Report channel- out on youtube) has been doing some great demonstrations against the governments abuse of power against the people and trying to get the Police to do their Job which is to work on behalf of the public and not be used against them. Basically he walks round with a megaphone practising free speech and then deals with the law when the interrupt him and films it

He too was arrested today for the self same "preventative" reasons given above.

You tube him, it makes entertaining watching as he tells the police they can't just use the anti terrorism laws against him just because he is filming in London, he talks them round calmly with reasoned logic and gentle debate.

.http://www.infowars.com/charlie-veitch- ... l-wedding/

Pre-crime, in other words, is, in the eyes of the police now as actionable as a crime itself.

Am I the only one who thinks this is the absolute limit of beyond the pale.

The increasingly frequent abuses of Police authority are not only going to get worse under this Tory shower, they will probably end up being sanctioned and legislated for if we're not proactive in stopping this nasty ball from rolling in the first place.

Fucking shocking state of affairs.
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby oddjobby » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:39 am

Mr Doorstop, surely by their rule you should be arrested for posting this video as it MAY incite a breach of the peace!!

I have never seen anything more ridiculous.
www.soulsearchers.org.uk
oddjobby
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:17 am

oddjobby wrote:
I have never seen anything more ridiculous.

Have a look in the mirror whilst checking your tax return which pays for these clowns and calculate how much per hour that was costing in police wages.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:44 pm

Anyone else notice the government trying to bury bad news under a wedding yesterday?

News spread yesterday morning of the NHS Monitor letter sent to all existing Foundation Trusts and applicants, telling them that they needed to look for ‘savings’ of between 6% and 7% per year, around 50% higher than their earlier projection.

First, this isn’t just about a straight 6-7% ‘saving’:

Compounded over the five years for which Monitor has published projections, the efficiency target for hospitals is 37 per cent.

This is a simply astonishing figure, and is in the same range of cuts being imposed, at enormous human cost, on local authorities. It is simply not possible to find ‘efficiency savings’ of this scale without massive job losses and consequent reductions in both quality and quantity of care.

Though Cowards Flinch >>

Guardian >>
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:21 pm

I urge everyone to read this .. including the newspaper articles .. it shows not only the level of duplicitous behaviour we've all entered into with these Tory bastards, but also that, when it comes to the Conservative party, nothing changes - no matter how much they want to tell us it has.
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:57 pm

What surprises me is that anyone should be the slightest bit surprised that the Tories want to dismantle the NHS and return us to the pre 1948 days or a version of the USA medicare. Aside of their idelogical hatred of the principle of the NHS, this is the reward to the Global Healthcare industry backers of the Tories.

Whilst the NHS structure in Scotland remains very different from England and the proposed restructing of the English NHS won't happen here, don't think for one minute if the Tories (and their LibDem bumchums) were able to they wouldn't do exactly the same.

It's very clear that you should vote for any party, in the forthcoming elections, BUT the Tories or the LibDems. Or you will get what England are getting now.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Sun May 01, 2011 10:41 am

Another day, another Tory rip-off; this time the allotments...

Independent >>

The century-old right of people to demand an allotment from their council may be abolished by the Government under plans to scale back red tape, it emerged yesterday.

Eric Pickles, the Communities Secretary, is examining plans to free local authorities from a 103-year-old obligation to provide plots of public land for cultivation by gardeners. The proposals could see local authorities, many of them strapped for cash under government-imposed cuts, selling off allotment land for social housing or even for profit to major companies.

This one might just have the making of a U-turn...

The National Society of Allotment and Leisure Gardeners >>

Dig for Victory :roll:
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Sun May 01, 2011 11:29 am

Yep, yet another pointless foray into the draconian specifically engineered for turning around to appease the populace and lull the less astute into believing they are listening.

will they listen to us about cuts in disability benefits or in the implementation of the Robin Hood Tax in it's bankers ball busting entirety? Will they fuck.

Smoke screen of the first order .. bastards.
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby excoriate » Tue May 03, 2011 7:17 pm

Good shout on the Charlie Veitch videos on youtube.
Hadn't come across this guy before.
His Royal Wedding arrest video is staggering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UscFYYCKOxg
excoriate
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Tue May 03, 2011 8:07 pm

I saw that elsewhere and was staggered not only by the arrest itself but by the commentary afterwards .. the amount of breaches of this guys rights as a British citizen are nothing short of galling.

I really hope the spotlight gets thrown on this one although I fear that our 'incorruptible' justice system will make sure it has all the angles covered, with truth or conveniently manufactured otherwise.

Shocking and truly, truly frightening.
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Wed May 04, 2011 6:02 am

Johann Hari explains AV >>

All rather straightforward. I read one the other day that went into the mathematics of AV and why it works. It was hugely long and very interesting ... for mathematicians.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions