Rothbury Fugitive

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Rothbury Fugitive

Postby yoker brian » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:43 pm

Anyone agree that Dog the Bounty Hunter would have caught this guy in Rothbury before breakfast on Monday?

And why didn't the A-Team answer the call for backup?
Milk Sucks, Got Beer?
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Rothbury Fugitive

Postby Dave » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:26 pm

The Police are on the case, as soon as the can stitch someone up it'll be over.
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby johnboy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:26 pm

And why didn't the A-Team answer the call for backup?

Because Mr T wasn't getting on no plane fool......... ::):
johnboy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dave » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:52 pm

bbc wrote:Raoul Moat: Police negotiate with man resembling gunman

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/10582418.stm

Resembling will be more than enough I'm sure. Well done the Police
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scaryman2u » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:23 pm

I`m on the fugitives side, good on you mate giving the polis the run around, sorry there were victims, but the guy is a victim too of polis harassment and gets my vote for inventivness if nothing else....If he was in Scotland I would have hidden or protected him in any way I could.
scaryman2u
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby johnboy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:15 pm

scaryman2u wrote:I`m on the fugitives side, good on you mate giving the polis the run around, sorry there were victims, but the guy is a victim too of polis harassment and gets my vote for inventivness if nothing else....If he was in Scotland I would have hidden or protected him in any way I could.

Sorry.........He killed an innocent man, Shot an innocent girl and a policeman.

Should be hanged until death.
johnboy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:20 pm

scaryman2u wrote:I`m on the fugitives side, good on you mate giving the polis the run around, sorry there were victims, but the guy is a victim too of polis harassment and gets my vote for inventivness if nothing else....If he was in Scotland I would have hidden or protected him in any way I could.

Moronic 8O
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby munroman » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:26 pm

That gets you my vote for the 'Cretin of the Year Award', after all he not only shot and killed people, he also beat up his own child, clearly you think that is acceptable behaviour and makes him a person worthy of your nurture.
munroman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:38 pm

That's why he's a scaryman.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:27 am

Thankfully the manhunt is now over.
It was unlikely that Moat was ever going to come out of this alive and at least there wasn't a killing spree
on the level of Derrick Bird.
It would have been awful if he had slipped through the net given the number of police forces helping
to catch him.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:04 am

I'm glad it's over. I know Rothbury quite well having visited the village's music festival every 2-3 years since the mid 80s. It's every bit a beautiful as the tv coverage suggests and the countryside is spectacular.

The people are, as many say, 'English by birth but Scots by inclination'. I'm glad they've got their village back.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:05 am

OK, that's about as clumsy as it gets and fairly deserves the damnation that came next.

I'm horrified that an officer was shot, a man murdered and so forth...

But then I couldn't help but feel some sympathy for him. Why, I don't quite know. Maybe there's something up the back of it all that we're not being told.

Who here hasn't had a bad week and wanted to shoot the boss, the headmaster, etc... Here was someone doing something that's probably occupied everyone's imagination at some time. I often wonder what I'd do if I slipped my moorings.

Anyway, he's gone now and people can rebuild.

He did give the media the run-around though and I'll give him some small credit for that.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby minxy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:18 pm

Very sad affair altogether, just shows those small villages can be just as bad a cities when it comes to this kind of thing.
A lovely place, beautiful countryside, villagey all that stuff. It's the people, not the picture postcard face it has. These places are worse than any for problems, and also if you are a naughty boy or girl ( in general I mean, not talking murder here for now ), what chance have you got with the police, your bullying comes in to its own right there.
I'm not against the law, or policemen doing thier job, just observations I have had, out and about.

It has bothered me regarding the last video showing the police with night vision and you can hear the shot(s)
There are two "Crack" sounds before the deeper (what I think is a shotgun sound, I don't know the sounds of guns, but I have heard gun shots in forrests while out, I'm sure they are deep...anybody know?
minxy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scaryman2u » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:56 pm

BrigitDoon wrote:

OK, that's about as clumsy as it gets and fairly deserves the damnation that came next.

I'm horrified that an officer was shot, a man murdered and so forth...

But then I couldn't help but feel some sympathy for him. Why, I don't quite know. Maybe there's something up the back of it all that we're not being told.

Who here hasn't had a bad week and wanted to shoot the boss, the headmaster, etc... Here was someone doing something that's probably occupied everyone's imagination at some time. I often wonder what I'd do if I slipped my moorings.

Anyway, he's gone now and people can rebuild.

He did give the media the run-around though and I'll give him some small credit for that.

Sure was a clumsy post Brigit, but i`m not known for tact or diplomacy, more of a post now think later kinda guy and not half as clumsy as the blundering idiots who were led a merry dance in their own back yard by one man with an agenda, polis from 15 forces, Scotland yard snipers, armoured cars and an RAF Tornado couldn`t find him, that says something about our forces.

I`m more than suspicious about how it all ended what with him being tazered and the ambulance crew being held back for half an hour after he allegedly shot himself. All in all it was one big fiasco from start to finish and I doubt if the polis will come out of the The IPCC investigation with much credibility.

Fat Cat
Moronic

Charming !

Munroman
That gets you my vote for the 'Cretin of the Year Award', after all he not only shot and killed people, he also beat up his own child, clearly you think that is acceptable behaviour and makes him a person worthy of your nurture.

Why thank you.

Hollowhorn
That's why he's a scaryman.

Quite.
scaryman2u
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:44 pm

Step away from the spade.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe