Boredom Thread: What SCARES you?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby Bing Buzby » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:35 pm

If you have electric windows, your stuffed. A banger with wyndy windae handles might be a better bet.
Bing Buzby
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Sharon » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:39 pm

Good point Bing. A good reason to keep the old windy handles a little longer. Besides the more electrics in your car teh more can go wrong. I like things so i can see how they work, and maybe even fix it myself!
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby PlasticDel » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:14 pm

Let the car fill wae watter then just open the door. Evens the watter pressure inside an oot. Just mind an hold yer breath.

The thing that scares me most...

Monsters. 8O
PlasticDel
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:17 pm

And the trouble with monsters is you cannot ever outrun them. Wherever you go, there they are, waiting...........
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby paladin » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:52 pm

::):
Last edited by paladin on Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paladin
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby ColonelCrow » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:47 pm

Anyone else find the tube stations a bit scary when they're empty...really weird low-orangey lighting, really close to the tracks, no way ouy...I try not to think about An American Werewolf in London when Im down there!

I also find the 2 girls who work in the Buchanan St tube ticket office on weekday mornings scary...but for an entirely different reason!
Like Sherlock Holmes, except younger and with better sideburns.
ColonelCrow
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby My Kitten » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:41 pm

I get scared looking at my bank account after the first week of the month.
два сталкиваются
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scotia47 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:34 pm

I used to get really bad vertigo. The weird part was that I could look down ok, it was looking UP I didn't like. I think it was because I feared I might lose my balance and fall to a messy end if I didn't have my eyes glued permanently downwards to watch where I was going. Doesn't really bother me much nowadays.

The thing I now fear most is being condemned to a lonely life of permanent bachelorhood. :(
scotia47
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby purplegrum » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:58 pm

Daddy long legs - god I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate them.
purplegrum
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scotia47 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:55 pm

purplegrum wrote:Daddy long legs - god I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate them.

I hate them too, nasty lanky things. Dunno how I forgot to mention them earlier. If one ends up in my room, I refuse to go to sleep until it's gone. (it might land on me during the night *shudder*).

Second stripe, WOOHOO!!! :D
scotia47
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby purplegrum » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:11 am

scotia47 wrote:
purplegrum wrote:Daddy long legs - god I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate them.

I hate them too, nasty lanky things. Dunno how I forgot to mention them earlier. If one ends up in my room, I refuse to go to sleep until it's gone. (it might land on me during the night *shudder*).

Second stripe, WOOHOO!!! :D

I had the same experience tonight - sitting at my Mac quite the thing and one fly's past my face and within seconds I was outta there! Came back two min later tho with a rolled up copy of today's Glasgow Herald and thumped the life out the bugger. Mission acomplished! (Excuse spelling, it's late)
purplegrum
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lonewooolf » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:24 am

Mine used to be Claustriphobia, but I overcame it not that long during a Ghost Hunt at Auchans Castle in Dundonald.
FOrced myself into a collapsed cellar in search for evidence of teh paranormal :>
I have this crowning moment caugt on film and often show it off to people as it's not everyday you overcome your fear of something.
Now it has to be said, creepy crawly things like the "Long Legs" as previously mentioned, which incidently have just trapped one uder a towel this evening, hoping it's suffocated by the morning.
And Spiders, strangely enough I don't mind Terantulas as my mate has one and i've let it walk across my hand and arm before.
It's the wee freaky house spiders that move at a fast pace that freak me out, and if i was ever in Iraq I'd hate to come across these Camel spiders.
I'm sure this is where Ridley Scott got his influence for teh Face Huggers in Alien ...

http://www.gophergas.com/funstuff/camelspider.htm
Follow The White Rabbit
Keep An Open Mind
lonewooolf
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Ellis Island » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:39 pm

George Bush. And general political demographics across the globe.
I never understood what 'No Entry' meant.
Ellis Island
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Speedbird » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:51 pm

dr_lightning wrote:It's an odd one. Inside a tall building I'm fine.But if I was outside it's another matter.

*That is because you are outside and the edge is now possibly accessable*

Top of the Wallace Monument I was uncomfortable, even asking my wife not to take my arm, as I had some bizarre idea that if she slipped I would plummet to my death.

*I have abseiled off that 3 times. The bit where you have to lean back out gets me every time. Other than that I am fine.
The very first one I ever did was down the Glasgow University tower.
I have to tell you that, sitting on the ledge of the belfry halfway down, provides the most wonderful view. I was ok when I started off down again.*

Thing is, I know EXACTLY when this started.

*I do have a slight fear of being RIGHT at the edge of something tall. It started after I fell head first 4 meters off a clifflet. I was perfectly ok (I have a very thick head) but I do have the scar on my forehead to prove it.
I enjoy rock climbing, etc, and I have just had to get over it.*

At some sort of fair at Strathclyde Park years ago, the Paras had a thing where you could put on parachute harness and do a kind of jump thing from a scaffolding tower, all while wired up.

*That is ok because I know I will be ok, and if I am not, then, if I survive, I can sue them, simple as that! :-) *

"That looks fun" thought the twelve-year old me. So I queued up to take my turn.
"I can't do it" said I. I wanted down,

*I once got to the top of a deathslide and couldn't do it when I was about 12.
I am almost convinced the guy pushed me anyway and I was not scared of it after that.
The only real problem would be if you leaned to much forwards so that you started to fall away from the side.*

I'm never doing that again, let me tell you.
I can always rely on this forum to make myself feel about 10 times worse than I did before
Speedbird
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Speedbird » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:01 am

I am scared BEING a passenger in someone elses car. It takes such a leap of blind faith to hand over control and responsibility for your safety to someone else.

*Having never driven before, I have never experience what you mean (obviously).

I did see a programme once that said that, because you are in a different possition in the car, the road looks different to you, so you *THINK* that you are far too close to something, but in reality you are no closer than you would be if you drove yourself.
got it off one of those programmes where silly...... sorry, usual drivers, get all pannicy because they think the other driver is about to crash into everything when they are a passenger.
Yelling at cars passing on the other side of the road, etc.

Really, unless your driver or the person of the other car is across those white lines in the middle of the road, then there is nothing to fear, you are just being irrational.

Having never driven my life though, I have only heard this from other people.*
I can always rely on this forum to make myself feel about 10 times worse than I did before
Speedbird
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions