PC?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: PC?

Postby Dave » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:50 pm

Political correctness only governed for the non-PC so as long as you have no issues with folk then you have very little to worry about,
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Wee Minx » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:55 pm

Oops, I was hoping Nutty would post again :D
Kin ah get a shot ae yer bike!
Wee Minx
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby nuttytigger » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:58 pm

Wee Minx wrote:Oops, I was hoping Nutty would post again :D

ach dont worry i'm posting right now!!

i just think sometimes the PC brigade as they say takes things a wee bit two far

i remember at primary school getting a lecture about saying my favourite smell was when i walked past the chinkys - i was meaning the smell from the restaurant. i dont call a chinese person a chinky but i call the food a chinky - i knew a chinese person that said they were a getting a chinky as well!
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scaryman2u » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:05 pm

dave3009 wrote:Political correctness only governed for the non-PC so as long as you have no issues with folk then you have very little to worry about,

Dave could ye put that in scottish for those who have issues with folk ? :P
scaryman2u
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:19 pm

jodieohdoh wrote:They would prefer that society change naturally like what it used to. So instead of the government telling you "It is not ok to refer to black people as golliwogs", they would rather the black people in the country suffer and fight for equal rights for decades until the general population finally assimilates the information that racism is wrong.

And so we had riots in Brixton, Handsworth, Toxteth, Chapeltown and St Paul's in Bristol in the early '80s.

We can still hear racist sentiment offered in certain quarters, but rarely openly expressed in the press and other media.

Violence as a means to an end is frowned upon in no uncertain terms. Terrorists...

Often, it is the only way to get the message across. Freedom fighters...

I belong to a minority group that is still considered fair game for public humiliation by the tabloid press. I've no more stomach for a war than Jill Public, but they've been pushing their luck just a bit too far of late. I've been on the receiving end of tabloid-fuelled behaviour in the past.

Thankfully, I've not been subjected to any of late, but then those of you know my circumstances will understand.

One thing that will live with me from that awkward period in my recent past is the look in a man's face when he realises he's about to be slaughtered with no more regard to his dignity than one would spare for vermin.

The colour drains from their face, their eye-balls bulge, the smell of fear is pervasive and they run like the wind at the first opportunity.

There *are* laws to protect our position, but as often as not, it is mere padding in the statute book.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:50 am

scaryman2u wrote:
dave3009 wrote:Political correctness only governed for the non-PC so as long as you have no issues with folk then you have very little to worry about,

Who have you got issues with?
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lord lucan » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:37 pm

It's the PC lot that got our society into the Pure Crap state its currently in, holiday camps for criminals, because we cant impact their human rights,countless hand outs for scroungers,let all sorts into the country, so we can be a society of cultural diversity, and dont dare raise your voice against any of this unless you want to be tarred racist, homophobic,facsist, xenophobic. This lot of morons have influenced policies of governments for years it is now time for them to shut up and lets start some radical changes to right the enormous wrongs done by them
Still lucan for me
lord lucan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:07 pm

lord lucan wrote:It's the PC lot that got our society into the Pure Crap state its currently in, holiday camps for criminals, because we cant impact their human rights,countless hand outs for scroungers,let all sorts into the country, so we can be a society of cultural diversity, and dont dare raise your voice against any of this unless you want to be tarred racist, homophobic,facsist, xenophobic. This lot of morons have influenced policies of governments for years it is now time for them to shut up and lets start some radical changes to right the enormous wrongs done by them

Never mind PC, where's the Grammar Police and Punctuation Inspectorate? How much did Sir Oswald and Lady Diana pay for your private education. They should get a refund.

Spelling is all correct. They should be proud.

You do not know how to rant like your father and your grasp of politics would embarrass him.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lord lucan » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:33 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:
lord lucan wrote:It's the PC lot that got our society into the Pure Crap state its currently in, holiday camps for criminals, because we cant impact their human rights,countless hand outs for scroungers,let all sorts into the country, so we can be a society of cultural diversity, and dont dare raise your voice against any of this unless you want to be tarred racist, homophobic,facsist, xenophobic. This lot of morons have influenced policies of governments for years it is now time for them to shut up and lets start some radical changes to right the enormous wrongs done by them

Never mind PC, where's the Grammar Police and Punctuation Inspectorate? How much did Sir Oswald and Lady Diana pay for your private education. They should get a refund.

Spelling is all correct. They should be proud.

You do not know how to rant like your father and your grasp of politics would embarrass him.

Unfortunately, while I attended spelling classes, the grammar, and punctuation classes clashed with fox hunting,and badger baiting day's, which I'm sure you'll agree is a lot more fun. Let us not detract from the discussion, lets get in aboot the PC'ers
Still lucan for me
lord lucan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Roxburgh » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:30 pm

When someone starts correcting grammar and spelling it usually means that they don't have an argument.

This is known as Dexter's 2nd law :mrgreen:

Dexter's 1st law relates to evidence :wink:
Roxburgh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:42 pm

Does misspelling Glasgow area names despite them being phonetically correct have a law of it's own or is it bundled into Dexters Law #2
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:38 pm

Who actually gives a fuck, i don't.

Language changes all the time. It's not within me to call Lord Lucan a retarded Mongol as i really don't know what his chromosome make up is . He could be a low level IQ windaelicker but so what. Is he paying into Hawkhead to have a laugh at the loonies or has the PC brigade put a stop to that.

I gather Schizophrenic is next to go. Will LL be organising a campaign to continue to use that to describe people like himself and his other self? Is he still writing letters to The Spastics Society for giving way to th PC brigade by changing their name to Scope or to Mencap having a go at them for changing their name from, the Society of parents of backward children or to Enable known in non PC times as the society for the Mentally Handicapped.

No one is actually stopping Lord Lucan from calling people darkies on here, or Sambo or Yid or Wop but for some reason he doesn't. Has his PC got a PC filter. It certainly does not have a spellchecker.

And call PC if you like but LL is a bit of a cunt.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:43 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:Who actually gives a fuck, i don't.

Well we see eye to eye on one thing

Dexter St. Clair wrote:LL is a bit of a cunt.

Make that two. One of those ones doctors use to demonstrate things, you know fake, plastic and relatively useless in the grand scheme of things
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:00 pm

Wow, we have consensus 8O
What are the odds? I'll remember this day...
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby scaryman2u » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:28 pm

dave3009 wrote:
scaryman2u wrote:

Who have you got issues with?

I personally don`t have issues, but reading this and the previous thread it`s obvious that some do. I just thought I would try and help out :P
scaryman2u
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions