Computer Problems.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Computer Problems.

Postby bcuk10 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:38 pm

Hi everyone please can you help me with this problem i am running windows 7 ultimate packard bell pc.
things were were running great until i download incredimail on to my desktop pc (i have it on my laptop as-well) without any problems any way just after downloading it and setting it up i got a blue screen of death message then pc shut down i restarted pc and it lasted a short time then shut down again.re started and managed to get into add and remove to remove incredimail then i shut down pc and restarted as you can see from pictures there is a problem some where with the fonts or something can any one help with this please since removing incredimail the pc has not shown any more blue screen warnings and stays on but i don't know how to fix the writing (or fonts thing) there is no restore points to restore to and i do have the cd to reinstall but don't know how to reinstall as i cant read whats written in this font.
all help appreciated. bcuk10

Image Image
bcuk10
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:48 pm

Other than commenting that the font looks like WingDings, I'm of no help at all. Sorry.

Though …… isn't there a setting for "Display" somewhere in the Control Panel which might allow you to change fonts? That's about the extent of my knowledge I'm afraid, which dates back to Windows ME!! :oops:

Good luck though.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:04 pm

Try booting the computer in safe mode http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... -safe-mode.
And see if the problem persists.

Not sure what you would do after that tho!
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Guacho » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:25 pm

Guacho wrote:Not anyway an expert, but in safe mode go to back up and restore, then pick a restore point earlier than the last one. Might be an update that's causing the problem.

Also: check keyboard as suggested by Fossil earlier ::):
Guacho
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby busdriver » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:53 pm

You can restore the default font and remove any changes that you've made to your display settings from Appearance and Personalization.

Here’s how:

1. Open Fonts by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Fonts.
2. In the left pane, click Font settings.
3. Click Restore default font settings. or even select alternative.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-your-font-settings

If successful you might also want to run a virus check or even look for malware.
Reguloj por la gvidado de sagxuloj kaj blinda obeemo de malsagxuloj.
busdriver
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby bcuk10 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:48 am

Sharon wrote:Try booting the computer in safe mode http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... -safe-mode.
And see if the problem persists.

Not sure what you would do after that tho!

I have tried that as soon as writing appears its this wing dings font stuff cheers anyway
bcuk10
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby bcuk10 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:52 am

Guacho wrote:
Guacho wrote:Not anyway an expert, but in safe mode go to back up and restore, then pick a restore point earlier than the last one. Might be an update that's causing the problem.

Also: check keyboard as suggested by Fossil earlier ::):

cheers have tried to get into restore points but there were no restarts to go back to i have only had windows 7 put on the pc 4 weeks ago perhaps that's why no restart points :|
bcuk10
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby bcuk10 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:01 am

Hi all the guy who updated my pc and added windows 7 is going to look at it tomorrow for me.
thanks Sharon, busdriver, Guacho, Boxer6.
bcuk10
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby the researcher » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:59 pm

The Egg Man wrote:I think someone was fiddling with the electricity overnight. My Freeview box had detuned itself when I switched it on this morning.

if the transmitter that you get the signal from went off air because of a power cut its possible that the box tried to automatically retune which is why it detuned itself its the same if you remove the ariel lead and tell the box to do a first install tuning it will wipe the channels.
dont think there is much can be done to avoid it happening though as the power cut was obviously during the night
only option is to go into the main menu and do a first installation set up :D
THE FLYING SCOT MADE BY RATTRAYS IN GLASGOW THE BEST BICYCLE EVER MADE
the researcher
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby John » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:48 pm

Incredimail has a history of breaking systems. I can never understand why people want their email jazzed up anyway.
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby RDR » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:35 pm

John wrote:Incredimail has a history of breaking systems. I can never understand why people want their email jazzed up anyway.

I'd quite like my work e-mail to break...... :evil:
What did we do before e-mail apart from actually go and see people or think before we write the memo.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:50 pm

I got a most bemused reaction at an office I worked in, when I walked the 50 or so feet to reply to an email in person.
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby Doorstop » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Rebellious bugger. :D
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby yoker brian » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:01 pm

Lucky Poet wrote:I got a most bemused reaction at an office I worked in, when I walked the 50 or so feet to reply to an email in person.

I've had that too, but the one that really cracked me up was someone phoning their colleague who was sat at a desk directly opposite them.
Milk Sucks, Got Beer?
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby bcuk10 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:03 am

bcuk10 wrote:Hi all the guy who updated my pc and added windows 7 is going to look at it tomorrow for me.
thanks Sharon, busdriver, Guacho, Boxer6.

Hi the guy thinks this will fix my pc it seems to be a problem with a windows update that causes this fault. fingers crossed

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... ce79529b7e
bcuk10
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions