Obesity in young people in Britain

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Obesity in young people in Britain

Postby frank dawson » Fri May 19, 2006 1:17 pm

:(
On this mornings news once again we heard about this epidemic and the future banning in schools of salt and fattening foods.
I know that at 71 years of age I could be tagged as an old fogey but I can assure you that is not the case.
When I see young women with lovely faces who are seriously overweight I think have you no pride in yourself.
I belong to a generation which was raised in the war time when food rationing was in force and in later years nutritionists considered our diet to be very healthy.
Young women in my early years,no matter how poor they were in the east end of Glasgow, took a pride in their appearance.
This morning at the supermarket once again I saw young overweight mothers with their children stacking up their trolleys with loads of junk food which no doubt the children will be eating and suffering from the consequences later in life.
What is wrong with these young mothers?
Don't they know they are ruining their childrens lives?
Frank Dawson
frank dawson
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby stinkpad » Fri May 19, 2006 2:20 pm

Most people these days don't know how to cook.
stinkpad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Strike Team » Fri May 19, 2006 7:41 pm

I've pretty much given up junk food, and I feel much better for it. I enjoy my meals more too, Instead I get fresh stuff from the farmers market and greengrocer. Its so much nicer than those ready meals from Tesco. The veg is much better too, Tesco veg looks nice but it has no flavour. I think the unappealing taste of supermarket veg is one factor in the nation's poor diet.

If anyone can explain how Tesco manage to make their vegetables taste so shite I'd be interested to hear their ideas. Answers on a postcard please............
Strike Team
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby DVF » Fri May 19, 2006 8:57 pm

Battery plants. Grown in only water, fed specific chemicals to make them look good.
The hill goes up and down.
DVF
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby DVF » Fri May 19, 2006 9:35 pm

In fact, supermarkets in general are the cause of this obesity epidemic. Convenience foods, they invented them, they're full of chemicals and mass produced. They have no flavour and no goodness. And the chemicals inhibit your body from processing what little goodness there is. The sooner all the supermarkets get blown up or knocked down the better. Then everybody can get back to going to the Butcher, the Baker and the Greengrocer everyday to get their daily food, the way it used to be. You are what you eat, it's truer than you may think. Eat fresh, healthy, sexy food, you'll be a fresh, healthy, sexy person. Eat supermarket crap, you'll feel like crap.

But, if you must go to a supermarket, buy their cheapo range, Smart Price, Basics, or whatever they're called. They lose money selling that stuff because it's the same stuff made in the same factories as all the other makes just with different stickers so they look less appealling and to con you into believing you're a tight arse for buying it.
DVF
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby DVF » Fri May 19, 2006 9:37 pm

Christ, I must be pished. It took me half an hour to type that.
DVF
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Vladimir » Sat May 20, 2006 8:43 am

No fresh, healthy, sexy people nearby ::):
Vladimir
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Blueboy » Sat May 20, 2006 9:36 am

There's nothing sexy about a cabbage.
Blueboy