Trains to Hampden

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Trains to Hampden

Postby MotoMad » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:04 am

Anyone gimme a hand here , traveling from central to hampden , what platform do i use at central and where do i get off ,for tomorrow night
cheers chaps n chapesse's
crusty_bint wrote: i.e. they're not a bawhair away from Dickensian!
MotoMad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Trains to Hampden

Postby My Kitten » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:41 am

MotoMad wrote:Anyone gimme a hand here , traveling from central to hampden , what platform do i use at central and where do i get off ,for tomorrow night

The platforms change regularly for the services. Its pretty straightforward to find out once you get there.

The interweb is a wonderous thing, it has this search facility where you type in stuff and it tells you answers :wink: ::):
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=258970&y=661515&z=3&sv=258500,661500&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&dn=849
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alycidon » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:51 am

With it being a major cup tie there is likely to be a special service set up and the police and railway staff will have it well organized. Speak to the first cop you see.
Having used the service to go to various internationals it used to be quite interesting as you didn't enter the platforms via the normal barriers but you were shepherded to the designated platform by the old subway that connected platforms 3-8 via some of the labyrinth of tunnels under the station. Not sure if this still happens though, haven't been to Hampden for about 20 years.
Alycidon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Ally Doll » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:46 am

They still shepherd you round for internationals - last time I went by train, I bought my ticket at the desk, then had to go outside and queue along Hope St for the train. It didn't take too long.

Not sure what the format is tonight, but I'll probably be driving anyway cos it takes too long to queue for the train back.
Ally Doll
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Trains to Hampden

Postby MotoMad » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:13 pm

My Kitten wrote:
MotoMad wrote:Anyone gimme a hand here , traveling from central to hampden , what platform do i use at central and where do i get off ,for tomorrow night

The platforms change regularly for the services. Its pretty straightforward to find out once you get there.

The interweb is a wonderous thing, it has this search facility where you type in stuff and it tells you answers :wink: ::):
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=258970&y=661515&z=3&sv=258500,661500&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&dn=849

Sorry :oops: was sooo shattered last night and Crusty suggested posting up here :D
MotoMad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Schiehallion » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:25 pm

Walk it in 50 minutes max. Alternatively get a 66 (East Kilbride) from the first bus stop you come to in Union St (outside Ding's Buffet). Get off at the 2nd stop after the bus turns left at the Victoria Infirmary into Battlefield Road. That's you 5 minutes from the Rangers end.
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby MotoMad » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:27 pm

Walk , pffft ,registered blind here my man ,free travel on anything in scotland :wink: i shall be using the card ,is the train any faster , ive never left from high level before :) ,
MotoMad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Schiehallion » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:48 pm

You get off at Mount Florida. There may be specials, otherwise get a Neilston or Cathcart Circle service, half the Newton services stop there too - check first.

Off the train, up the stairs at the end nearest to the booking office, turn left and up the next flight to the top.

Stand there for a few minutes wheezing then march down Bolton Drive to Hampden - 3 minutes (plus another 10 to cross Cathcart Rd).
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby MotoMad » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:55 pm

:D at "wheezing"Thanks very much mate. 8)
MotoMad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby MotoMad » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:46 am

Well,imade it, and Schiehallion i know what you mean about they fookin stairs , left the match on the final whistle20 to on the dot got on the 21:44 train to Central and was on my train to airdrie at 2 minutes past 10 :D 8O .cheers guys
MotoMad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Flyingscot » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:58 am

Ally Doll wrote:They still shepherd you round for internationals - last time I went by train, I bought my ticket at the desk, then had to go outside and queue along Hope St for the train. It didn't take too long.

Not sure what the format is tonight, but I'll probably be driving anyway cos it takes too long to queue for the train back.

Prefered layout is using platform 8 (I think), and barriers down the right hand side of the concourse from the WHSmith. They queue you all down here and out onto Hope Street if necessary. Sometimes taking a 5, 44, 66 or 75 bus is as quick....
Flyingscot
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Return to Random Distractions