Rabs Return

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Rabs Return

Postby flyman » Sat May 16, 2009 10:38 am

And more recently Reggie Perrin dire stuff indeed.
Never Get Out Of The Boat
flyman
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Sat May 16, 2009 2:20 pm

flyman wrote:Anybody know why they filmed quite a bit of it in Paisley? ............

More convincing scum?
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Sat May 16, 2009 10:31 pm

There is that.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vinegar Tom » Sat May 16, 2009 10:50 pm

Thank you. I was born in Paisley (Hawkhead FYI ).
Glasgow ya bas!
Vinegar Tom
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Sun May 17, 2009 9:55 am

Vinegar Tom wrote:Thank you. I was born in Paisley (Hawkhead FYI ).

There's not a great deal you can do about where you're born. Continuing to live there (if you do) shows poor judgement at best. Deciding to move there shows insanity of the first water.
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Mon May 18, 2009 10:25 pm

Ony, lad, You have an awfy downer on Paisley. Now, as you have previously stated, you once worked there as a nightclub bouncer (flyweight) What happened to sour yir view of the town? Did some wee lassie puke up ower the back seat of yir passion waggon?
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Mon May 18, 2009 10:31 pm

If it's any help, I damn near got lynched taking this.

Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Mon May 18, 2009 10:46 pm

Josef wrote:If it's any help, I damn near got lynched taking this.

No help at all I'm afraid. Now, had you actually bin lynched........ ::):
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Tue May 19, 2009 9:08 am

HollowHorn wrote:Ony, lad, You have an awfy downer on Paisley................. What happened to sour yir view of the town? ..........

Regular visits.
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby flyman » Tue May 19, 2009 9:16 am

Ah Millerston i spent many a day chasing after wee fannies there who had nicked tools and stuff from the van.I wasn't to pissed off about the tools i was pissed off at being woken up,its a council workers right to get at least 5 hours sleep per day.Why oh why did i ever quit Renfrewwshire council oh aye cos its corrupt and full off fannies its all coming back to me now..................
Never Get Out Of The Boat
flyman
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bing Buzby » Tue May 19, 2009 9:59 am

Lucky Poet wrote:
Of Rab C Nesbitt, Ms Bennett said: "I think that with Scottish output, it's not just about making more productions and putting more people in, it's about tapping into people's experiences.

"That's why Rab C Nesbitt feels so authentic, that sense of authenticity would not be very likely if it was being made in another place."

Well, that's not patronising shite at all, is it? Neither is everything else the 'head of vision' said.

That hit the nail on the head, nothing quite like a patronising, metrocentric, media heavyweight telling us Rab C Nesbitt reflects Glaswegians experience. If Ms Bennett truly wants to tap into peoples experience why not empower BBC Scotland to such an extent that they stop pitching past-its-sell-by-date crap like Rab C to their paymasters in the first place and concentrate on producing some fresh output.

Who knows, maybe if BBC Scotland grew a bit of backbone they would not be afraid to report on a protest in their own lobby without first obtaining clearance from the duty news editor in London.
Bing Buzby
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Mori » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:58 pm

ET

No string vests, please!

Published on 28 Dec 2009

Rab C Nesbitt’s local pub has been given a modern makeover.
The old Two Ways, on the corner of Argyle Street and Kent Road in Finnieston, has been brought up to date – just like Govan’s finest comedy hero who will be back on our TV screens for the first time in 10 years in January.
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:17 pm

Sun

Rab C Nesbitt returns to BBC2 on Thursday, January 21, at 9.30pm
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby zoidberg » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:08 pm

I hope this isn't going to be the reputation shattering effort that the last few episodes of Only Fools & Horses turned out to be
"He can't stay down with three barrels on him, not with three barrels he can't."
zoidberg
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:14 pm

zoidberg wrote:I hope this isn't going to be the reputation shattering effort that the last few episodes of Only Fools & Horses turned out to be

No of course not. Everyone loves laughing at guys who dress up as women but forget to shave first, don't they? :roll:

There will be complaints to Ofcom the following morning provided we can find some volunteers prepared to sit through it. No-one wants to sit through half-an-hour of barrel-scraped-shite, though.

Little Britain had the message some while ago and has been quietly dropped. Rubbish transvestites are so last year...

The Sun >>

Gregor's Girl

18th January 2010

by Georgina Reid

RAB C NESBITT has never been short of celebrity guest stars - and the new series is no different.

For the past few days The Scottish Sun has been celebrating the forthcoming return of the iconic TV comedy. Here Scottish TV Editor GEORGINA REID speaks to John Gordon Sinclair about his hilarious appearance.

Gregory's Girl star John Gordon Sinclair turns into GREGOR'S girl for his Rab C Nesbitt debut.

He and Gregor Fisher, 51, are transformed into a couple of glamorous gals for a benefits scam in the new series.

But John, 47, reckons they could easily hold their own on a night out in Glasgow - even WITH his beard.

He said: "If you're going to make a guest appearance in Rab C Nesbitt you might as well do it properly.

"It was great fun. I had this wee beardy thing I'd grown and I asked if I could keep it.

"I thought the end result wasn't bad actually. I've seen worse walking down Sauchiehall Street on a Saturday night.

"In fact I've probably winched worse when I was younger.

"I wasn't jealous that Gregor got to be the blonde. I've always been partial to redheads so I was happy with that."

The pair strut their stuff after benefits chiefs threaten to stop Rab's money.

He meets old pal Lenny - an ex-stockbroker who's fallen on hard times - who tells him how it's done.

John added: "Rab's in the pub moaning about it, saying it's a disgrace and he's determined to come up with new ways to scam it. Lenny tells him if he really wants to do it properly he knows the way to do it - dress as a woman.

"Just wait. Next thing you'll see a whole load of trannies queuing at the dole office for real in the next few weeks."

Dad of two John, who lives in London with GP wife Shauna, admits he hadn't even realised Nesbitt had been off TV for ten years.

He's one of a host of guest stars joining the mayhem in Glasgow's Govan with the Nesbitts and the Cotters.

Taggart's John Michie, Still Game's Sanjeev Kohli, Trial and Retribtution hardman David Hayman and veteran actress Jan Wilson also make appearances.

John said: "This was my first appearance on Nesbitt. It was weird when this talk started about bringing it back. I hadn't realised it had been away for 10 years.

[image]
Shows: Lonny (John Gordon Sinclair) & Rab C Nesbitt as Candy (Gregor Fisher)
Ooh er missus! ... girls on blag

"It's like Friends, it's always on TV somewhere.

"I was always a huge fan of the show. I think Ian Pattison's new scripts really stood up. It's as fresh, funny and viable as it's always been."

John admits it's not the first time he's appeared on TV as a woman. He played a transvestite in TV comedy Nelson's Column and almost proved to be a little TOO convincing.

He said: "It was years ago and that time I didn't have a beard.

"I had black hair and the make up was really good.

"I remember they got a good photo of it and I took one in to my agent and told him I'd met this great girl on set who'd said she knew him and wanted to meet up.

"He got all excited and asked if I had her phone number. In the end I had to explain it was me!

"But I don't think I'll be making a new career out of it. It's not quite my bag."

London-based John is in Glasgow recording a second series of his radio comedy No Hard Feelings.

And he admits he's lucky he made it up north - after being snowed in for FIVE days at his home near Dorking, Surrey.

He said: "It was really bad. We were completely cut off. Anyone who has two kids under the age of three will know exactly what that would be like.

"We were going stir crazy. It got so bad we found a taxi driver who had a 4x4 and on the fifth day he took us to the nearest town for a pizza and then came back for us."

John was thrilled that Rab C Nesbitt gave him the chance to return home for a few days. And he admits he enjoyed getting in touch with his feminine side.

He said; 'I knew a lot of the people involved so it was like working with old pals, very easy. But looking at Gregor dressed up as a woman, it was hard to keep a straight face.

"I actually got to quite like the tights. They hide a multitude of sins!"

Rab C Nesbitt returns to BBC2 on Thursday at 9.30pm.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions