whats your local .

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

whats your local .

Postby banjo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:04 pm

thought id start a thread asking hgers to tell us a bit about their local pub.mine is alexanders in clydebank.formerly the bridge bar,it has a bar and lounge ,same prices in both.bar small and mainly geared towards the football and horseracing fraternity.four television screens,1 fruit machine,no food served.the lounge has no screens no food 1 fruit machine and a jukebox.karaoke twice yearly,annual charity fundraiser and staff and customers christmas night.bar staff are very efficiant and treat regulars and new faces equally well. cheers.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: whats your local .

Postby scaryman2u » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:12 pm

banjo wrote:thought id start a thread asking hgers to tell us a bit about their local pub.mine is alexanders in clydebank.formerly the bridge bar,it has a bar and lounge ,same prices in both.bar small and mainly geared towards the football and horseracing fraternity.four television screens,1 fruit machine,no food served.the lounge has no screens no food 1 fruit machine and a jukebox.karaoke twice yearly,annual charity fundraiser and staff and customers christmas night.bar staff are very efficiant and treat regulars and new faces equally well. cheers.

I will probs be talking pish again, but are pubs not obliged to serve food albeit pie n peas etc ?
scaryman2u
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:09 pm

scaryman2u wrote:
banjo wrote:thought id start a thread asking hgers to tell us a bit about their local pub.mine is alexanders in clydebank.formerly the bridge bar,it has a bar and lounge ,same prices in both.bar small and mainly geared towards the football and horseracing fraternity.four television screens,1 fruit machine,no food served.the lounge has no screens no food 1 fruit machine and a jukebox.karaoke twice yearly,annual charity fundraiser and staff and customers christmas night.bar staff are very efficiant and treat regulars and new faces equally well. cheers.

I will probs be talking pish again, but are pubs not obliged to serve food albeit pie n peas etc ?

You have the right answer.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:47 pm

:D
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:35 pm

I tend not to drink in my immediate neighbourhood. A wee fifteen minute stroll across the Bells Bridge and I'm at the Ben Nevis. Rolls 'n' haggis, nice soup and a malt of the month for a more than reasonable price. Now that's what I call a Local.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby yoker brian » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:18 pm

Josef wrote:I tend not to drink in my immediate neighbourhood.

I tend to avoid drinking in my area, my preferred drinking establishment is the Lismore
Milk Sucks, Got Beer?
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bridie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:20 pm

I like the Lismore

I live in Ireland there's about 8 locals in my street alone :D
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:22 pm

yoker brian wrote:
Josef wrote:I tend not to drink in my immediate neighbourhood.

I tend to avoid drinking in my area, my preferred drinking establishment is the Lismore

I'm surprised there's room left for anyone else in there, what with that being Lone Groover's local and all.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:36 pm

not exactly my local in a geographic sense since it is a twenty minute walk away.the leven valley is a five minute walk but ach ye just widnae,honest.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vinegar Tom » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:42 pm

My local is The Old Oak in Burnside, but we never usually drink there. They used to sell Bellhaven Best, but no more :cry:

If we fancy a pint, we hop on the train and go to Sloan's or Mono
Glasgow ya bas!
Vinegar Tom
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bankie Boy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:22 am

The Ettrick in Old Kilpatrick is my local. Its a good wee boozer. A decent bar for the locals and a separate lounge with live bands if you fancy that sort of thing. (everything from folk to blues to pop). At weekends the lounge gets very busy.
The best things in life aren't things
Bankie Boy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby yoker brian » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:09 pm

banjo wrote:not exactly my local in a geographic sense since it is a twenty minute walk away.the leven valley is a five minute walk but ach ye just widnae,honest.

I agree - you just widnae, the first time which was also the only time I went in, I was searched for weapons, I protested I didn't have any weapons concealed or otherwise, I was offered a mini armoury to make my selection from 8O - exit stage left
Milk Sucks, Got Beer?
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:24 pm

Mines is the Scotch and Rye in the shopping centre, wouldnt touch it with a manky shit covered stick, full of low life degenerates.
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby sunnysider » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:11 pm

Mine was the Peel in the Drum.

But I used to drink up Byres Road and in the town. Also spent a year haunting the Lord Darnley because of a woman.

The Fleece in Bingley Main Street is my local now.

Here is Mick the landlord, in The Fleece's back yard. With his caravan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f5ByjQgU4o
Whaddya mean, keep down? Why, they couldn't hit an elephant from this dist-
sunnysider
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby banjo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:43 pm

sunny ,ta for that link,sooooo funny.hope hes better at pulling pints than he is caravans.i past the peel last week and it had closed down for refurbishment and change of use by the looks of it,italian restaurant maybe.wrong location for that methinks.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Next

Return to Pubs / Clubs / Restaurants