The Millhouse

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

The Millhouse

Postby onyirtodd » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:02 am

The Millhouse is the new name for the pub under the newish flats facing the foot of Byres Road.

The sign above the door proclaims.

The Millhouse - a great pub.

How the fuck they can claim that when the place hasn't opened yet is beyond me :roll:
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: The Millhouse

Postby rabmania » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:53 pm

onyirtodd wrote:The Millhouse is the new name for the pub under the newish flats facing the foot of Byres Road.

How the fuck they can claim that when the place hasn't opened yet is beyond me :roll:

Maybe it serves 'quality food', whatever that means.
rabmania
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:53 am

onyirtodd wrote:The Millhouse is the new name for the pub under the newish flats facing the foot of Byres Road.

It's named after a great president. Only it won't last as long as he did. It might make another comeback similar to his.

"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:47 am

Given the regular rebranding The Millstone might be a better name.
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Rucola » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:18 pm

Billing yourself as 'a great pub' is pretty arrogant. Let us the punters be the judge of that.
Rucola
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby tobester » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:51 pm

Not so much this 'millhouse'

maybe more this Millhouse

tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Squigster » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:19 pm

Had a few drinks in here yesterday, quite impressed with the new layout / decor. But, still no heating on the way down to the toilets, and no improvement in the gents, or as my other half advised in the ladies either. The one hand drier in the gents still wasn't working, (it never worked when the place was called The Byre). I would have thought that a few pennies could have been wisely spent here, as in Winter the stairway is absolutly freezing and one of the reasons I stopped drinking in the place
Squigster
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Sunwalker » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:32 am

The Millhouse Bar/Diner, facing the bottom of Byres Road, Partick, Glagow:
The sign above the door claimed it was going to be a great pub. Having visited it on Sunday, I disagree.
My second beer was handed back and replaced as it wasn't good. My starter was nice, but after having waited ages for my main course I asked for a refund, as I didn't seem to be getting my pizza the same day! I didn't even get a refund as I wasn't prepared to wait ages again for the staff to re-appear back from the kitchen. In the end I just walked out, to find another place to eat, this time a place with some service!! That was my first and last visit to the Millhouse Bar/Diner
Sunwalker
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby macdonald » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:01 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:

It's named after a great president. Only it won't last as long as he did. It might make another comeback similar to his.

Tricky Dicky's middle name was Milhous
macdonald
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:57 pm

macdonald wrote:Tricky Dicky's middle name was Milhous

Look out Itchy! He's Irish!
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Squigster » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:16 pm

Sunwalker wrote:The Millhouse Bar/Diner, facing the bottom of Byres Road, Partick, Glagow:
The sign above the door claimed it was going to be a great pub. Having visited it on Sunday, I disagree.
My second beer was handed back and replaced as it wasn't good. My starter was nice, but after having waited ages for my main course I asked for a refund, as I didn't seem to be getting my pizza the same day! I didn't even get a refund as I wasn't prepared to wait ages again for the staff to re-appear back from the kitchen. In the end I just walked out, to find another place to eat, this time a place with some service!! That was my first and last visit to the Millhouse Bar/Diner

I can't comment on the food as we didn't have any, but I had a few, (more than a few :oops: ) pints of Tennants and they were okay - But the back of my jeans ended up wet from using them to dry my hands several times after visiting the facilities (and yes I washed my hands first)
Squigster
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:03 am

Squigster wrote:
Sunwalker wrote:The Millhouse Bar/Diner, facing the bottom of Byres Road, Partick, Glagow:

I can't comment on the food as we didn't have any, but I had a few, (more than a few :oops: ) pints of Tennants and they were okay - But the back of my jeans ended up wet from using them to dry my hands several times after visiting the facilities (and yes I washed my hands first)

First? Not afterwards?
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Squigster » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:27 pm

onyirtodd wrote:
Squigster wrote:

First? Not afterwards?

Why would I dry my hands before washing them?
Squigster
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:04 pm

Squigster wrote:
onyirtodd wrote:
Squigster wrote:

First? Not afterwards?

Why would I dry my hands before washing them?

Why would you wash your hands if you hadn't pee'd on them? You didn't pee on them, did you?
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cheesemonster » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:55 pm

I used to work as a toilet attendant many many moons ago and you'd be surprised at the amount of men who pee (or poop!) and then dry their hands but don't actually wash them.
"It's hard to believe people think a real cow dying on film doesn't look like a real cow dying on film"

http://flickr.com/photos/dreamlogic
cheesemonster
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Next

Return to Pubs / Clubs / Restaurants