Where did you have your first pint(Legal or Ill)

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Where did you have your first pint(Legal or Ill)

Postby davadvice » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:45 pm

Doorstop wrote:Is that not the Coachhouse now?

Almost certain it is.

you are correct there sir.
davadvice
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby G-BMML » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:44 am

Mine was in the `Stakis steak house` now known as `The Coach House` in Anniesland shopping centre. Was a mere 14 with a fake provisional licence as `proof of age!`
Aint stopped yet!!!

G-BMML.
G-BMML
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Bridie » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:40 pm

G-BMML wrote:Mine was in the `Stakis steak house` now known as `The Coach House` in Anniesland shopping centre. Was a mere 14 with a fake provisional licence as `proof of age!`
Aint stopped yet!!!

G-BMML.

drivin or drinkin? :wink: :)
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Avenger » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:08 pm

First illegal was in a place called Alpha (I think) on St Vincent Street, remember my pal, who had been there before nearly fainting when I asked for a pint of export instead of heavy, well, it said export on the cans. First legal would have been Shadows on Bath Street after work.
Avenger
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby + 1 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:00 pm

My first pint (illegal) at 13 was a bar called Tipplers on Bread Street in Edinburgh.

This was very funny due to the fact that about 10:30pm, They closed the doors and shutters on the window
and a stripper appeared to some dodgy music.....Worst still happened and I had to lick skooshy cream from her
breasts.
+ 1
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:08 pm

le_tigre_boy wrote:My first pint (illegal) at 13 was a bar called Tipplers on Bread Street in Edinburgh.

This was very funny due to the fact that about 10:30pm, They closed the doors and shutters on the window
and a stripper appeared to some dodgy music.....Worst still happened and I had to lick skooshy cream from her
breasts.

Did you meant to send this the letters page of

"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby + 1 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:16 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:
le_tigre_boy wrote:My first pint (illegal) at 13 was a bar called Tipplers on Bread Street in Edinburgh.

breasts.

I hasten to add this wasn't a sex pub!! Dexter maybe I should,, Maybe get some male hormones going... ::):
+ 1
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:50 pm

le_tigre_boy wrote:
Dexter St. Clair wrote:

breasts.

I hasten to add this wasn't a sex pub!! Dexter maybe I should,, Maybe get some male hormones going... ::):

Tipplers was one of the early Edinburgh pubs featuring go-go dancers along with the nearby Western Bar, Burke and Hare and another whose name escapes me. In le tigre boy's defence I'll mention that Tipplers didn't actually advertise the fact on the outside of their pub. I have in my possession a Tipplers business card for 'LESLEE' (a go-go dancers) with 'admit one' scrawled on the back.

Tipplers would have been a strong contender for the Smallest Pub in Edinburgh award.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:12 pm

From above post
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tomgallacher506 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:10 pm

Can't remember the name of the place but it was in 1972, the bar was (I think) in mitchell lane. Not the one on the corner of the lane but up from that, quite small inside. Anyone out there know what it was called? :?
tomgallacher506
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby mack4 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:20 pm

Would that be "Sammy Dow's", not that small as I remember.
mack
mack
mack4
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Nobby » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:12 am

The Beer Bar, Strathclyde University Students Union, 1979. I was 17 during all of my first year. Used to have lunch there three times a week. Tartan Special was 32p a pint. You could add a double pie and beans, and a poke of crisps, and still get change from a pound!
Nobby
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby 8cats » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:04 am

I didn't really start drinking til way into my twenties, but I did once find myself, in my early teens, ending up in the Saracen Head on a day out with the 'Toyah Barmy Army' :!: The pub at the time didn't have a Sunday license, or at least it didn't cover the time we were in there, so the police came round and all customers were instructed to hide in the toilets until they'd gone.
8cats
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby WeeGee » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:22 pm

Victorias Nightclub Sauchiehall Street!! (1992) I was 15 :oops: My Auntie 'got me in' as she knew some guy who worked there! :) Cider and blackcurrant was the drink she bought me. :? It was a half pint does that count? :)
It's not how it looks....honest
WeeGee
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Josef » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:29 pm

WeeGee wrote:Victorias Nightclub Sauchiehall Street!! (1992) I was 15 :oops: My Auntie 'got me in' as she knew some guy who worked there! :) Cider and blackcurrant was the drink she bought me. :? It was a half pint does that count? :)

Of course it does. You wouldn't be a proper Goff if you didn't drink yer cider and blackcurrant in half pints.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Pubs / Clubs / Restaurants