Greek...

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Greek...

Postby Le Grand Fromage » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:54 pm

Hi folks,

Newbie to the forum! :) Had a good look round and see a lot of places I didnt even know existed so definately will be visiting. Need your help if you can.

Has anyone been to or can recommend a good Greek restaurant in Glasgow? We're thinking of arranging a works night out in a couple of weeks and Greek looks like something different? :)

Cheers!
Le Grand Fromage
Just settling in
Just settling in

try the ΣΟΥΤΖΟΥΚΑΚΙΑ ΣΜΥΡΝΕΙΚΑ

Postby red_kola » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:11 pm

Bonjour Mr Big Cheese,

You can't go wrong with Konaki on Sauchiehall Street opposite the old Kelvin Park Lorne hotel. Cheep and cheerful, the lunch and early evening menus are especially good value. The Dolmades are good and the Souvlaki excellent. Their soup's damn fine too.

Unless you have the appetite of Rab Ha, however, I'd skip the mezedes (meze) if you are planning on any further activity that evening.
Destroy All Monsters
red_kola
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Greek...

Postby Le Grand Fromage » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:05 pm

Evening Kola! :)

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll certainly tell the folks in the office and let you know. Had a quick look on their website and it looks not bad! Will definately let you know if we decide to go! Might even make a trip during the week!
Le Grand Fromage
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby JumpingAtTheWoodside » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:02 pm

The Greek Golden Kebab on Sinclair Drive (just near the Victoria Infirmary) has been there for donkey's years, and is very popular locally. Small but authentic, and very nice food.
JumpingAtTheWoodside
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Peekay » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:28 pm

Aris on Eastwood Mains Rd. It's a bit 'oot ra way' but worth the wander and the Redhurst hotel is next door(nearly) for a post-grub swally.

PK
Peekay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dimairt » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:41 pm

I've been going to Zorba's in the High St. with the lovely Maggie for over a year now. Last Saturday night we had dinner with my brother and his current squeeze, my cousin and her husband, my son amd daughter - it was terrific. Highly recommended.

Le durachd,

Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby aye yer maw » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:37 pm

it has to be konaki,its run by a cretian and the food is awesome been there quite a few times.
aye yer maw
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby dimairt » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:03 pm

Dinner in Zorba's this evening. There were several things wrong but their apology was as sincere as it was generous - we weren't charged for our main course and the wine was free. Maggie was delighted , it was her turn to pay!

Le durachd,

Eddt
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby glasgowbride » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:44 pm

Zorba on high street
Taverna on argyle st
both excellent!
glasgowbride
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Josef » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:31 pm

glasgowbride wrote:Zorba on high street
Taverna on argyle st
both excellent!

I don't suppose the Athena Greek Taverna on Argyle Street is owned by the bloke who used to have the, er, Athena Greek Taverna on the South SIde before it metamorphosed into the mildly dull Mulberry Street?
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Pubs / Clubs / Restaurants