Best Burger in Glasgow

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby marginalwalker » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:09 pm

smartie wrote:MacSorleys do a good burger !!

Many a time Ive been in there to witness folk go " WOW!! " when its presented to them on the plate..
marginalwalker
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fossil » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:15 pm

marginalwalker wrote:

Many a time Ive been in there to witness folk go " WOW!! " when its presented to them on the plate..

Really? I must try it.
Has anyone came across somewhere [in Glasgow] that does burgers with Haggis. I had one in Edinburgh outstanding it was

Fossil
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:21 pm

I can recommend the Venison burger at Stravaighan. No bun just mush, gravy and an onion ring
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lefty » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:34 pm

not in glasgow, but the best burger i've ever had was at the canteen of Forth Valley College, Falkirk. The place was called 'the snack shack' and is situated in the disabled students' section of the college.
Strange place, but man what a burger!
Lefty
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby onyirtodd » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:08 pm

Lefty wrote:not in glasgow, but the best burger i've ever had was at the canteen of Forth Valley College, Falkirk. The place was called 'the snack shack' and is situated in the disabled students' section of the college.
Strange place, but man what a burger!

Disabled students section? Does that sorta stuff still exist?
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby engineer » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:11 pm

Fossil wrote:
marginalwalker wrote:

Really? I must try it.
Has anyone came across somewhere [in Glasgow] that does burgers with Haggis. I had one in Edinburgh outstanding it was

Fossil

a few snack bars do the old burger/haggis combo. shite burgers though, try it with square sausage
engineer
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:20 am

Not exactly a post about good hamburgers for sale .. more of news of an excellent accompaniment which those HGers who partake of home barbecue hamburgers will enjoy.

For those of you who crave Wimpy special sauce, then crave no more.

For this stuff ..

.. tastes exactly the same.

On sale at the wonderful world of LIDL.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby aliferste » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:38 am

I rate the "Hoola Burger" in the Hoola Cafe quite highly - nice and thich with fancy wee potato things on the side. Only downside is they seem to have reduced the size in the last month or so.

Still nice though !
aliferste
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby cheesemonster » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:31 pm

I had a burger from Ad Lib* the other day but it was really disappointing, it was exceptionally dry and tasteless, the nachos however were fantastic.

*I got it in the Hope St restaurant so maybe they have just have better chefs in the Ingram St restaurant!
"It's hard to believe people think a real cow dying on film doesn't look like a real cow dying on film"

http://flickr.com/photos/dreamlogic
cheesemonster
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby jodieohdoh » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:18 pm

Oh gawd, what was the name of that place....in Ruthven lane off Byres road..... they did the best burgers in Glasgow when I was at university... Back Alley something or other?
jodieohdoh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:52 am

TAFKAC wrote:Ah Burgers, one of my favourite topics (http://aht.seriouseats.com/ is on my RSS feeds)

I would chip in with The Observatory Burger from Observatory in the charring cross region. Tasty.

I'd second that, the BEST burger around. Second prize at the moment goes to Sloans, meaty and hardly any fat lovely.
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby AlanM » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:47 am

jodieohdoh wrote:Oh gawd, what was the name of that place....in Ruthven lane off Byres road..... they did the best burgers in Glasgow when I was at university... Back Alley something or other?

Back Alley was excellent but sadly is no more - Stravaigan lives there now (excellent food there too)
Who needs a six pack....when you've got a keg!!!
AlanM
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Best Burger in Glasgow

Postby Peekay » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:39 am

Is "Joes Garage" still about? 'Twas up Hyndland(?) direction and I've always wanted to go back. I had my first 'posh' burger there years ago and Google doesn't give me anything which makes me think it's gone. I'd like to go back for a quick sneak attack in my favourite end of the city :wink:

PK
Peekay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:14 pm

Peekay wrote:Is "Joes Garage" still about? 'Twas up Hyndland(?) direction and I've always wanted to go back. I had my first 'posh' burger there years ago and Google doesn't give me anything which makes me think it's gone. I'd like to go back for a quick sneak attack in my favourite end of the city :wink:

PK

No.
Every joint that opened up in that site in Bank Street has closed after maybe a year's trading. It needs a pub license which won't be granted.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/goingout/food/display.var.1664308.0.satchmos_tapas_bar.php
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby smartie » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:39 am

Had the new Angry Burger from BK the other day, as Chain Burgers go it was pretty tremendous. especially the jalapeno onion rings... mmmmmm !!!
smartie
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Pubs / Clubs / Restaurants