Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Best Burger in Glasgow

Postby My Kitten » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:08 am

Josef wrote:
My Kitten wrote:the ketchup milkshakes are good

The whit?

sorry, my glaswegian english coming into play. Milkshakes sold in the Ketchup establishment are rather good. They are served in a glass milk bottle.
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby floweredpig » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:28 pm

Having tried Ketchup twice over the last year i can safely say dont waste your hard earned in there.

Overpriced,pretentious presentation,cold,greasy and lacking in any form of taste.And that includes the decor.
floweredpig
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mark N » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:59 pm

My Kitten wrote:Milkshakes sold in the Ketchup establishment are rather good.

But do they bring all the boys to the yard?
Flickr-ing me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dogdriller/
Mark N
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby wee minxy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:41 pm

Don't get a burger in Tiger tiger, crap!
wee minxy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby morton75 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:16 pm

The burgers in the Black Sparrow are immense. My new favourite burger place, chips are nice hand cut efforts the way your mum used to make them when you were wee. And its buy one get one free sun-thiurs just now. Cheaper than weatherspoons. brilliant, we will be back soon.
Here Comes Bod
morton75
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Brad_OnBass » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:32 pm

Best burger for me has got to be TGI Fridays on Buchanan Street!

The 'Monterey Jack' burger is immense. Comes served with a sort of Jack Daniels sauce or glaze with caramelized onions in it, this is dynamite when added to burger with salad and fries... :wink:
Brad_OnBass
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Pointyears » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:25 pm

'the 13th Note' do a really flavoursome spicy vegeburger and chips for under three quid - a giant thing. Yes, it is vege, but it is the best burger.
For meat eaters, AdLib - one at the old firehouse and one in Hope Street - wins hands down in the best burger stakes.
Pointyears
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Delmont St Xavier » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:06 pm

floweredpig wrote:Having tried Ketchup twice over the last year i can safely say dont waste your hard earned in there.

Overpriced,pretentious presentation,cold,greasy and lacking in any form of taste.And that includes the decor.

Couldn't agree more - tried it for the first time last week and it was everything that you stated and totally overpriced. I also made the mistake of asking for a Coke and got a brown coloured soda water, which I duly sent back - I then noticed that everyone around was drinking the real thing from a the REAL bottle - so I ordered one. It was the best part of the lunch - getting the real coke and getting out!
"Listen, it's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself. And in your case, that's enough."
Delmont St Xavier
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:53 pm

Got a peri peri chicken burger in Catherdral House. Rotton. Tasteless and undercooked.
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby DickyHart » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:40 am

I had a burger today from a wee place in South Street just a wee bit down from the old Kodak place, and it was amazing.

I tend to lay off that sorta thing these days, but it was decent burger meat and not cheap economy burgers these places tend to sell. They even had fresh tomatoes, and other salady stuff.

the best thing was it only cost £1.40
Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby DarrenSpriing » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:24 pm

Speaking of burgers what was that place called that used to be right at the top of Ingram street (opposite side from GOMA), had orange style sign age... I'm sure it served burgers and always meant to try it...can't remember what the name was though.

My gf says Buzzy Wares in princes square is good for a burger, tho I've never been http://www.princessquare.tv/#/restauran ... uzzy-wares

Surprisingly was in La Vita the other day - got a Burger Mexicana which is topped with Chilli con carne and cheese which was pretty good find it on the menu - http://www.lavitapizzeria.co.uk/uploads ... lasgow.pdf - would defo get that again

Quite pleasantly surprised nobody went for the McDonalds or Burger King joke post :)
DarrenSpriing
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby The Egg Man » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:57 pm

DarrenSpriing wrote: .............

My gf says Buzzy Wares in princes square is good for a burger, tho I've never been http://www.princessquare.tv/#/restauran ... uzzy-wares

Buzzy Wares shut some months ago.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby DarrenSpriing » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:01 pm

What? It's still in Princes Square isn't it? Maybe it closed and moved? 8O She said she was there last week?
DarrenSpriing
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby The Egg Man » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:01 pm

DarrenSpriing wrote:What? It's still in Princes Square isn't it? Maybe it closed and moved? 8O She said she was there last week?

There's something occupying the space but it isn't Buzzy Wares. I'm told it went out of business rather than went elsewhere.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Pubs / Clubs / Restaurants