Dodgy Pubs!!

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Dodgy Pubs!!

Postby jmmullarkey1 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:04 pm

Does anyone remember the Turnstiles Bar in Parkhead?

Anyone have any experiences of 'dodginess'?
jmmullarkey1
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Jockissimo » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:13 pm

jmmullarkey1 wrote:
Anyone have any experiences of 'dodginess'?

Anyone not ?

one man's dodgy is another mans fine night out with 3:1 on the black eye score.

One pub on dumbarton rd east of partick station, a semi casual type told the guy next to me he would stab him if I didnæe stop looking at his bird. I was trying to place her so had glanced up a couple of times. Both a cowardly and idiotic repsonse to nothing in particular!
Jockissimo
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby banjo » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:41 am

glasgow tourettes association maryhill branch seemed to be holding a meeting in munns vaults last night .there was also a hand written sign in the gents which read.if you need loo roll see john at the bar.my first visit to this establishment,no need for a second methinks.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:59 pm

Were they involuntary repeating certain phrases and physical tics over and over again. I do hope you're not following David Cameron's understanding of Tourette's Syndrome.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron/9000492/David-Cameron-apologises-for-Ed-Balls-Tourettes-syndrome-jibe.html
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:06 pm

banjo wrote:I was caught feltching in the munns vaults last night .there was also a hand written sign in the gents which read.if you need loo roll see john at the bar.my first visit to this establishment, fantastic!

Izal?
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Doorstop » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:07 pm

There's something wrong with a pub where you can get a paper cut aff the bog roll.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby the bar biographer » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:55 pm

My Kitten wrote:was in maryhill at the weekend and was nearly tempted to nip into a hostelry for a pint, was too scared by the look of them (framptons, bugle .,...) ended up in Jaconelli's for a double nougat instead.

They are not as 'dodgy' as they look. The best around there is probably Harvey's.
http://thebarbiographer.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/#!/barbiographer
the bar biographer
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby edward carolan » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:15 pm

Noted , if I am in that neck of the wood.
edward carolan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby robertpool » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:49 pm

robertpool
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:44 pm

i like the look of that place.its on my must see list now.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby jmmullarkey1 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:50 pm

banjo wrote:...there was also a hand written sign in the gents which read.if you need loo roll see john at the bar.my first visit to this establishment,no need for a second methinks.

::):
jmmullarkey1
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby train driver » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:53 am

i vaguely remember being in Annie Millers in the mid 80's but it was called "the Louisiana ropework"s then.

i was about 15 & was out drinking with a few cousins who came from the Gorbals & we ended up in the pub, remember sitting on a seat & i was that pissed i slid off the seat onto the floor, my cousin gerry tried pouring a whisky down my throat to waken me up & i was only saved when my uncle came in with his pals at 3am & they carried me out onto the clydeside, he was holding me by the shoulder & flagged a black cab down but when he let go of me to open the door, i fell down flat & the taxi bolted ::):
train driver
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Doug » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:20 pm

My young brother owned the new fergus pub in ferguslie park paisley (now burnt doon) Ah well remember coming down to visit him and when i walked into the place i wuz terrified when ah saw the punters. i thought the whole of barlinnie jail had been emptied into the pub, the noise and the swearing and the general level of impending violence had me shaking like a leaf and this was just the women in the pub ah think the men were all ootside brawling. The funny thing was that once they knew who ah wuz i had a great evening but i wuz still mightily happy to get back ootside and see that my car still had its wheels so that i could make my escape 8O
Ahm entitled to my opinion as well
Doug
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re:

Postby calamity » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:02 pm

DickyHart wrote:Hey Kirkguy,
I got sieged in at the Royal Oak about five years ago, I played a gig in there and it all kicked off!!

The new monaco bar at Bridgeton , i saw a guy who had just won at pool get skelped with a cue for beating the pub hardman.

The pub was torn down a few weeks ago..
calamity
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: Re:

Postby Sydney Rosewater » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:45 am

calamity wrote:
DickyHart wrote:Hey Kirkguy,
I got sieged in at the Royal Oak about five years ago, I played a gig in there and it all kicked off!!

The new monaco bar at Bridgeton , i saw a guy who had just won at pool get skelped with a cue for beating the pub hardman.

The pub was torn down a few weeks ago..

It unfortunately hadn't been a pub for years, but had been converted into a storage facility.
Sydney Rosewater
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Pubs / Clubs / Restaurants