Dearest pint in the Calton.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Dearest pint in the Calton.

Postby Sydney Rosewater » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:57 pm

Tried oot the big new gaff in the auld templetons centre.
It's queer times we live in when you can be charged £3 for a pint (sorry, 0.5 litre) in the Calton. Fair do's if ye wanty sample exotic brews. My pocket, however dictates that I stick to pints of jakies pish strained through 3 pairs of tights in the basement of my favourite pub in the Barras.
Sydney Rosewater
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Dearest pint in the Calton.

Postby onyirtodd » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:06 pm

Sydney Rosewater wrote:Tried oot the big new gaff in the auld templetons centre.
It's queer times we live in when you can be charged £3 for a pint (sorry, 0.5 litre) in the Calton. Fair do's if ye wanty sample exotic brews. My pocket, however dictates that I stick to pints of jakies pish strained through 3 pairs of tights in the basement of my favourite pub in the Barras.

You don't have to drink at the Barras to get jakies pish strained through 3 pairs of tights. Tennents lager is available almost everywhere nowadays
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alycidon » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:30 pm

You don't have to drink at the Barras to get jakies pish strained through 3 pairs of tights. Tennents lager is available almost everywhere nowadays

But at least jakies pish is a naturally occurring substance (organic?) TCB sells nothing but man made chemicals. If the Reinheitsgebot or German Beer Purity Law from 1516 was in force in the UK, TCB would have been closed down years ago

"How beer should be served and brewed in summer and winter in the principality"

"Herewith, we decree, order, express and wish, together with the Privy Council, that from this day forth everywhere in the Principality of Bavaria, in the countryside as in the towns and marketplaces, wherever no other specific ordinance applies, from St. Michael's Day until St. George's Day a measure or head of beer shall not be sold for more than one pfennig Munich currency and from St. George's Day until St. Michael's Day a measure shall not be sold for more than two pfennigs of the same currency, nor a head for more than three haller. Violators of this decree shall be punished as prescribed below. Whoever should brew a beer other than Maerzen, is forbidden, under any circumstances, to serve or sell a measure for more than one pfennig. We especially wish that, from this point on and everywhere in the countryside as well as in the towns and marketplaces, nothing is to be added to or used in beer other than barley, hops and water. Whosoever knowingly disobeys this decree will be severely punished by the court having jurisdiction over him by having his barrel of beer confiscated whenever this offense occurs. Whenever an innkeeper buys beer at the prescribed price from any brewery in the countryside as well as in the towns and marketplaces, he is allowed to resell it privately to the lowly peasantry for one haller more than the price of the measure or head of beer stipulated above."
[img]http://www.jhowie.force9.co.uk/emu314carcream.gif[/img]

We must perform a Quirkafleeg!!!!
Alycidon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Dearest pint in the Calton.

Postby marginalwalker » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:35 pm

Sydney Rosewater wrote:Tried oot the big new gaff in the auld templetons centre.

marginalwalker
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Return to Pubs / Clubs / Restaurants