Scottish dance hall memories book

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Scottish dance hall memories book

Postby MartinKielty » Sat May 15, 2010 10:56 am

Hi all - enjoyed your conversations for many years but never chimed in until now... all great stuff!

My name's Martin Kielty and I think some of you may have heard of my 2005 book, Apollo Memories, telling the story of that venue's history. Well, I'm writing a new one now (my fifth), called Are Ye Dancin'? – and you'll have guessed what it's about...

I've read some grand stories on the various topics here, but that doesn't give me the right to just blag people's memories. Hence this post – to ask to hear from people who'd like to have their anecdotes in the book.

Are Ye Dancin'? is based around the career of Eddie Tobin, once part of the Apollo management and that of Midge Ure, Billy Connolly, Nazareth, SAHB (I managed them much later on!) and many clubs around Scotland. While he has his own stories to tell, the spirit of Scotland's nightlife will only come out of the pages if as many people as possible share their stories...

You can find more information at http://www.martinkielty.com and you can email me from there if you don't want to talk to me here.

Are Ye Dancin'? is due for publication on September 30. If you'd like to ensure your contemporaries hear of your own memories, and younger folk realise what they missed... you know what to do!

If you have seen any of my previous books (thanks!) you'll know I aim to present as many memories as possible, alongside photos and wee asides that bring the old days to life. I'm pleased to say a lot of people think I get it right – and I'm hoping, with your help, I can do it again this time.

Many thanks in advance!

Ch;M.
MartinKielty
Just settling in
Just settling in

Return to Pubs / Clubs / Restaurants