Best....

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Best....

Postby edward carolan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:39 pm

I would like to suggest that as well as warning folks about s*&^%holes , we should be highlighting good places. I know that unscrupulous gits could use to their advantage, but given this forum they would be shot down soon if the product does not match the Hype.
To start this off I would like to recommend the Malaga Tapas (St. Andrews Rd. , round the corner from Shields Rd underground)
Cheap lunches, and pre-theatre, but not so bad price-wise for the quality(not your Tasca/Andalucia ersatz muck) . Lovely staff the real deal. Check it out.
edward carolan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Best place for lunches

Postby Dot » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:30 pm

Okay so would anyone like to recommend a good place to go for a scotch pie and also somewhere you can get a good mac and cheese? I hope to be in Glasgow later in year but any advice would be welcome.
Maybe city centre or somewhere near Botanic area.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Best....

Postby Dot » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:50 pm

Sadly I won't be back in Glasgow this year as planned.
Hadn't booked a boat or plane but cancelled the hotel booking in November.

For me I'm just staying closer to home for now.
Virus rates seem quite bad in a lot of places and I do feel sorry for students starting Uni in places like Glasgow and
Manchester where there seems to be huge numbers self isolating.

I see in Glasgow students may be refunded a months rent after being ordered to self isolate.

Maybe one day when time is right I will be back over for my scotch pie as mentioned in my earlier post.

Enjoyed my visit in January though weather not great.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Henrysix » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:28 pm

Dot shame, I have the grand central hotel booked in December but that’s looking very dodgy, I will be looking for an Ashet pie supper and a bottell of Irn Bru to munch in your memory!
Henrysix
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Dot » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:38 pm

Henrysix,

I hope you are able to get a break at the hotel at some point if December booking doesn't work out.

Yes it's disappointing as I had booked trip as a present for my other half who had birthday in May.
Booked hotel and some concert tickets but concert postponed for over a year so don't know if I'll be over in December 2021.
I had planned to book either boat or plane tickets a bit nearer the time.

Well there's not much you can do about these things. The virus has had such a big impact on so many people so for now I'll just count my blessings.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Pubs / Clubs / Restaurants