bunker

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

bunker

Postby simply_ross » Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:00 am

I know of a bunker in glasgow.

opend dec 1938 ns.556647 (J & P Coates Factory roof) resite to ns box office, Rangers football ground ibrox park oct 1950; resite to ns554655 (Luma Co-OPertive) Adjecent ground (like across the road next to the traffic lights with a small fence around it, part of the royal observer corps which closed 1989-90 now owned and maintained by a resident of the luma building. i have more bunkers in lanarkshire and renfrewshire with pictures email me for some more facts
simply_ross
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Ellis Island » Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:50 am

There's an old Bunker (huge concrete one) in the trees behind the little zoo in calderglen country park in East Kilbride. I was in there (in the 80's as a wee boy) through an open access door that went to the air vents. Couldn't get any further but found frogs- dessicated.
It's now used by the council for storage but its still big and still there. Got good air monitoring stations above the tree line. If you want in you need to climb a solid wooden fence and then...well, I guess thats up to the individual.
I never understood what 'No Entry' meant.
Ellis Island
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Re: bunker

Postby Gerry B » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:28 pm

Had A Wee Peek At The Bunker At C/Glen Today. Access To The Building
Is Easy As The Old Gate Has A Big Hole In It.
cbunk.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Last Time I looked In The Mirror! I Was Still There......
Gerry B
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects