WANTED!! Ideas for new projects....

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby John » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:01 pm

cumbo wrote:name your date and we can get started :)

Great. Leave it with me guys and I will prepare a plan based on the tour outlined in the books. I will post an update soon.

w
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby crusty_bint » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:05 pm

Great idea Walbass - thread it! :D

Could tie it in with a bit of 3d modelling too for some virtual exploration. I've been messing about with Google SketchUp (free download) for a wee while on various things and am quite pleased at how easy it is to use with not bad results! I haven't finished any of thedozen or so ideas Iv started on but heres a wee sample to sow you how it could work

I should add I'm a complete novice and still learning but it is really really easy to use... for anyone who wants to try it?
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby yoker brian » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:06 pm

that looks great crusty - looking forward to seeing it when your finished
Milk Sucks, Got Beer?
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby John » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:36 pm

crusty_bint wrote:Great idea Walbass - thread it! :D

Could tie it in with a bit of 3d modelling too for some virtual exploration. I've been messing about with Google SketchUp (free download) for a wee while on various things and am quite pleased at how easy it is to use with not bad results! I haven't finished any of thedozen or so ideas Iv started on but heres a wee sample to sow you how it could work

I should add I'm a complete novice and still learning but it is really really easy to use... for anyone who wants to try it?

Superb bit of work Crusty. I am getting all excited about it now.
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Broomlea

Postby tobester » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:16 pm

Dunno if this is in the right thread, but what about a tour of Broomlea Special School just off Broomhill Drive, before it gets torn down to be replaced by flats.

I gre up beside it and remember the old school that was haunted beside it and the special section for the adults.

The pool was built by money donated from a guy who appeard on blockbusters in the mid 80's from hyndland secondary school.

Not sure how to go about even seeing if i can get a walk round it to get piccies as i dont wanna tresspass.
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby MacotheIsles » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:33 pm

Weather Vanes.

What about a photographic mission to record Glasgow's Weather Vanes? I'm sure there must still be lots around on older buildings; churches; turrets and such.
MacotheIsles
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:22 am

Post up the new topic, Mac.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:30 am

And sundials
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Peekay » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:57 am

Boundry signs?

PK
Peekay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cumbo » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:43 am

Great idea Peekay,Is it the Welcome to Glasgow signs you are thinking of?
cumbo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Peekay » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:46 am

cumbo wrote:Great idea Peekay,Is it the Welcome to Glasgow signs you are thinking of?

Yeah. I've got a couple next to me and the idea came to me a few weeks ago. I've just not done anything about it coz of the pissy rain!

EDIT- I'll maybe take a wee dauner today for a Sunday head clearer. One of them is near a war memorial too so i'll try and do something productive before i hit the boozer.

PK
Peekay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cumbo » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:23 pm

go for it
start a new thread!
cumbo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Broomlea

Postby Timchilli » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:11 am

tobester wrote:Dunno if this is in the right thread, but what about a tour of Broomlea Special School just off Broomhill Drive, before it gets torn down to be replaced by flats.

[...]

Not sure how to go about even seeing if i can get a walk round it to get piccies as i dont wanna tresspass.

Anyone got info on this site? I'm going to have a reccy (and I don't mean a stonner) tomorrow.

EDIT: the subjects had been declared surplus by the Education Services Committee and the Director of Development and Regeneration Services had been authorised to negotiate its disposal. After consideration, the committee approved the sale of the site of the former Broomlea School, Broomhill Lane to Lawfield Investments Ltd for £3,312,550, subject to the terms and conditions negotiated by the Director of Development and Regeneration Services. Lawfield Investments are to construct for 47 low-rise flats on the site.

Tim
»»» Timelapse : Glasgow «««

»»» A History of Scotstoun ««« (UPDATED: 26 June 2007)
Timchilli
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

finnieston

Postby cataclyzm » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:26 am

Hia,

I was just thinking that the area around Finnieston is interesting as it contains loads of concrete 60's architecture and some victorian stuff, practically hidden and wonderfully out of place, in the middle. It also has a wonderful "positive" feel about it that I can't explain.

I think there are places that are more positive than others - and for some reason this is one of them. I don't know why - and it shouldn't be for me as I got to know the area a little during one of the lowest points in my life.

all the best
robert.
cataclyzm
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Socceroo » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:33 am

Finnieston is a very interesting area which is worth looking at more closely, an area which has fascinated me for a number of years now. I've been doing a wee bit of research on the area between Minerva Street back to Kelvinhaugh Street, which is probably going a bit further than Finnieston.
Socceroo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects