Pre-M74 Build

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby scaryman2u » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:12 pm

I`m not pc literate but i would imagine that it takes up more energy to post 10 times than to put all your pics in a 1-er ::):
scaryman2u
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:20 pm

It just means hitting the submit button after a bit, the the post button in order to continue in a new post... 2 clicks!!!!

Youare of course probably right... people just need to learn to slow down a bit.. it's not a race!
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HollowHorn » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:25 am

alexpetrie161 wrote:When was that taken? It's a cleaner shot than mine. :x :wink:

Through the gate on the other side of the toilet block, I assume one side was for boys & the other for girls.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Smartalex » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:30 pm

You know, I never even noticed there was another side to the toilet block I had my back to it taking this shot of the caretakers house:-
Smartalex
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:35 pm

You should have pressed your search buttin :wink:
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:55 pm

Richmond Park

Shawfield
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Fossil » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:15 pm

David
Fossil
-
-

Postby cumbo » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:12 am

M74 starts here London Road
Crash and burn

cumbo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby red_kola » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:19 pm

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/news/5057977.html

a pish rag wrote:FOUR of the UK's biggest construction companies have joined forces in a joint bid to complete the M74 motorway...

It will be the sole bidder in the tendering process...

"We look forward to seeing good value and quick delivery through this bid."

So Balfour Beatty, Morgan Est, Morrison Construction and Sir Robert McAlpine all "decide" not to tender against each other leaving their consortium free to charge whatever the hell they like to build this road. Purcell and Transport Scotland think this is a good deal for the people of Scotland?

Meanwhile the fuckwits at the Evening Times see this as a good news story... :roll:
Destroy All Monsters
red_kola
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby footbowler » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:49 am

Just to let people know. Rutherglen Glencairn Junior Football Club play their LAST ever game at Southcroft Park on Saturday 21/10/06 as their ground was a compulsary purchase for the M74 extension.

If you get a chance you really should get along before its pulled down, as it is a wonderful site. It has been the Glens home since they formed in 1895/1896 and although the ground is in a state of disrepair, it harks back to an era when football was all about standing in the cold winter air, and eating pie and bovril.
footbowler
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Craig » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:06 pm

red_kola wrote:http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/news/5057977.html

a pish rag wrote:FOUR of the UK's biggest construction companies have joined forces in a joint bid to complete the M74 motorway...

It will be the sole bidder in the tendering process...

"We look forward to seeing good value and quick delivery through this bid."

So Balfour Beatty, Morgan Est, Morrison Construction and Sir Robert McAlpine all "decide" not to tender against each other leaving their consortium free to charge whatever the hell they like to build this road. Purcell and Transport Scotland think this is a good deal for the people of Scotland?

Meanwhile the fuckwits at the Evening Times see this as a good news story... :roll:

The 4 companies have joined forces due to the fact that it is a £200million contract taking approximately 3 years to complete, the risks of taking on such a large project are high for individual contractors hence the joint bid, you don't have to look too far back in history to remember the mess and delays left by Castelli Girola, the Italian contractors who were awarded the Eaglesfield to Kirkpatrick Fleming section of the M74, it was one of the companies above who had to go in and complete the works.

The joint bid has nothing to do with being "free to charge whatever the hell they like to build this road"

The job is simply too big for an individual contractor to take on.

Another reason there has been little interest in the project by individual major contractors is due to the fact that there are a number of large projects on the go at the moment including the Channel Tunnel Rail Link and the new M80, not to mention the massive contracts being awarded for the London Olympics.

I know for a fact that those involved in the joint venture bid are surprised that they are the only bidders.
Craig
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby gordon » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:40 pm

Just a wee head's up, JAM74 are holding a film night at the CCA on November 9th. It starts at 7.

Films on show:

The Walter Morrison Community Garden
On Allotments
JAM

More info here:
http://www.jam74.org/
Malcolm Tucker is always right.
gordon
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby red_kola » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:39 pm

Interesting job at the cooncil: Clicky

Function: The development and delivery of a series of education projects, as part of the M74 Corridor development and the interpretation of the archaeological excavations which will take place as part of the building of the M74 extension. . Working with stakeholders, partners and colleagues, the potholder will promote an understanding and awareness of local history and archaeology as a resource.
red_kola
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby John » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:46 pm

JohnR wrote:Another view of the factory.

I drove past here the other day and they have started to demolish the old buildings. I will try to get a few photos over the weekend.

John
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby Fossil » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:48 pm

going going gone
Fossil
-
-

PreviousNext

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects