High Court River Access

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

High Court River Access

Postby Ellis Island » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:39 pm

Maybe my imagination is too active. On the north side of the clyde, on the riverbank is a jetty of sorts. It leads up to a tunnel? (of standard arch design). It has a full iron banded barrier across it with possibly a gate inset. It seems, if it goes anywhere , to lead off under the high court. Anyone have any ideas? Go look. I intend to.
I never understood what 'No Entry' meant.
Ellis Island
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Seamey » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:10 pm

Might this be the place where the Molindinar Burn joins the Clyde? It's about there someplace.

Seamey
Seamey
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Ellis Island » Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:44 pm

I dont think so. The jetty/cutting out of the embankment is lined with cobbles at the side and is stepped. If it were an outflow for a burn it wouldn't have such dry features. Also, the feature of a man sized gate in the iron bars makes it look more utilitarian rather than just an outlet for the burn. Go look.
I never understood what 'No Entry' meant.
Ellis Island
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Re: High Court River Access

Postby Huggy » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:57 am

My first post, great site, interesting stuff. Regarding the "wee secret room", do you mean the one off the burn in Lethamhill Golf Course?
Huggy.
Huggy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re:

Postby Icecube » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:17 pm

Seamey wrote:Might this be the place where the Molindinar Burn joins the Clyde? It's about there someplace.

Seamey

Seamy is right. This has been well researched. Check previous threads under 'Molendinar'
Icecube
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects