The A80/M80

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

The A80/M80

Postby Icecube » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:45 pm

Demolition of the bridge at Condorrat today. If you plan using the A80 over this weekend and next you'll be delayed.

HG traffic unit - at your service.
Icecube
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: The A80/M80

Postby Dave » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:26 pm

And thank goodness too.

As a teenybopper I used to drive the road of death several times a week from Glasgow to a town beyond Stirling. Even before that there was the massive crash at Moodiesburn where a truck took out the pedestrian bridge. After that you had the roundabout of death which thankfully was extinguished a few years back. This signals the next piece in the death road to make it a little safer.

The whole road needs turned into a proper motorway, the cumbernauld offramps are a joke and the onramps are pisher than the onramps on the M8 at the whitecart viaduct.

I'm getting a little tired of the roadworks of the M77 Junction, suppose in time it will be better
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby floweredpig » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Where the hell have you been?
floweredpig
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:43 pm

floweredpig wrote:Where the hell have you been?

Well

Anyway a penny in the pound for proper roads would be nice, twa for some decent railways. Frankly the roads network is flagging somewhat and we need to reopen railways as no bus services serve the old networks.

I'm on a HG diet so keep it schtum ;)
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby floweredpig » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:25 pm

Dave wrote:

Well

Anyway a penny in the pound for proper roads would be nice, twa for some decent railways. Frankly the roads network is flagging somewhat and we need to reopen railways as no bus services serve the old networks.

anyway nice to hear from you again.
floweredpig
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:40 pm

aye, where have you been, i've missed you.

Agree with the A80, grew up in noddy land so had the joy of it every day from the age of 17 onwards. Hellish

My bros friend dad died in an accident in his tuck there. Horrible way to go it was( as if any death is!!)

should've been sorted out years ago that road.
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:16 am

Dave wrote:

Well

You certainly livened up the "Who's online' section. At one point, it read 'Dave, Dave2'. Followed shortly thereafter by 'ChasR, Dave'.

Well, it kept me amused.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby floweredpig » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:27 am

Josef wrote:
Dave wrote:

Well

You certainly livened up the "Who's online' section. At one point, it read 'Dave, Dave2'. Followed shortly thereafter by 'ChasR, Dave'.

Well, it kept me amused.

Rabbit,Rabbit,rabbit
floweredpig
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hungryjoe » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:19 pm

I got caught up in that on the way home from Falkirk last night. the signposting was pish. There's a surprise.
Multi dinero, multi ficky fick, multi divorce.
hungryjoe
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:29 pm

Dave wrote:

Well

Good to see you back. Been wondering where you were.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:09 pm

Thank you everyone.

I have to say I only posted back because this stretch of road played a huge part of my life and I saw so many horrific catastrophes on it I was compelled to praise the work the North Lanarkshire (I think) are doing. The whole road was always a quagmire of accidents, folk pulled over in layby's shagging or smoking, trucks bundling over cars. A whole fucking nightmare and it started in 1986 for me.

I only did the route myself when I had to tend to my siblings (who are younger than me) in said village beyond Stirling after 1994 when I got my drivers licence. My folks were not in the country and as an 'adult' I fell responsible for them and hence as a resident of Glasgow had to head regularly that way to deal with stuff. I drove a mini, so not the best car for most horrific stretch of road on the planet.

I now drive a robust vehicle and still hate the road when I drive it, it's a joke and it need some serious upgrade like the rest of the roads. I just wish a parliament would raise a tax and genuinely spend it on the roads as opposed to some fat fuckers swans
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Icecube » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:33 pm

You might feel a bit different about it Dave if the new motorway was built at the bottom of your garden. Just for the convenience of commuters.
Icecube
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby banjo » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:46 am

aye its good to have you back dave and you never even mentioned the butchers.anyone heard anything from onny lately.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:23 am

Onny? Not lately. Maybe he's fallen into a parallel universe and met himself coming the other way. Imagine the political debate. :)
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby penguinmonkey » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:35 pm

BrigitDoon wrote:Onny? Not lately. Maybe he's fallen into a parallel universe and met himself coming the other way. Imagine the political debate. :)

I imagine it will probably turn into a mass debate :wink:
It's always funny 'til someone gets hurt and then it's just hilarious
penguinmonkey
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Next

Return to Around the World