Around The World with Jonno22

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: D.R.S. Carlisle Kingmoor 2009 Open Day Photographs

Postby Josef » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:41 pm

tobester wrote:
jonno22 wrote:
[Admin edit] : All links not working, as per the above.

Jonno's site was hacked and he has now started reloading his pictures again, so he may be some time

Which may or may not be true, but since then he has continued to make posts containing large numbers of photos which after a short space of time cease to display.

It's only common decency to maintain them. No-one likes to scroll down page after page of 'Image not found' (or suchlike) boxes.

You've been asked politely several times, Jonno. Please see to it.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Around The World with Jonno22

Postby jonno22 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:40 pm

They can not be sorted as the website had been hacked and the direct linking for the image is no more for the simple reason that the / certain photographs(s) no longer have that same URL. I am rectified whatever I can be uploading galleries to my site 'again' and this has taken a lot of time and committment to do and I wish some of you would realise that.
jonno22
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:39 am

I have removed the posts with the dead links in them.

Could folks also not put loads of excess blurb underneath their entry in each thread - we know it's you, we aren't a job agency and unless you pay for advertising we won't act as free publicity for your ideal career!

I thank you!
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby jonno22 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:17 pm

I am NOT advertising. I would like to make that clear to yourself My Kitten and everyone else!

Best Regards

N/A

N/A

N/A
jonno22
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Airdrie - Bathgate Former Route & New Project Photographs

Postby jonno22 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:06 pm

Hi all. Airdrie - Bathgate was a 12 mile railway route that has been closed for over 50 years and has been used for as a cycle path for many years since closure from being a railway route. The 12 mile route is being reopened as a railway line once again and is expected for completion in 2010. I have explored the whole 12 mile route in stages over the past couple of years and I am taking photographs of the works taking place as the project progresses. Below are photographs taken from the route before works started and of works taking place on what was a good and soon to be reopened railway route. More information and the full gallery of photographs can be found in the link below. Below the link will be photographs I have attached showing the route as a cycle path and also showing the cycle path being turned into what will be a reopened railway line.

http://jonathanmcgurk.fotopic.net/c1725139.html

Below are photographs that are inside the gallery. There is lots more to look at inside including an exclusive behind the scenes look at the new Bathgate L.M.D. being constructed, second platforms being added at Livingston North being built, Drumgelloch and Bathgate stations as they are now before demolition next year plus lots more!

The Route:
Airdrie:
Looking east towards Drumgelloch - Second track will be added to the left leading upto the new Drumgelloch station
Former Airdrie Signalbox which has lay abandoned and disused for over 40 years and will demolished when a third platform is built as part of the A - B project
A general view of Airdrie station looking west showing the abandoned and disused signalbox and where the new third track and station platform will be located to the left

Best Regards

Jonathan McGurk
jonno22
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: Airdrie - Bathgate Project (BIG UPDATE) Photographs

Postby Knightmare » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:55 am

Hi Jonathan.

This really interests me and I'm glad the new link is making progress. The pictures are excellent and you've managed to capture some great excavation activity as well as the stuff thats been hidden under feolage for years.

Here is something that might interest you and maybe you can shed some light on it. It strikes me that the passage from the book below refers to the route of the Airdrie to Bathgate line (before it was even thought of). It certainly reads as if there is something of interest around Plains.....but the question is, does it still exist?

I refer of course to the "Whales Jaws"

Knightmare
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

17th & 18th Oct 09 Weekend UK Road Rail Trip

Postby jonno22 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:24 pm

Hi all. Myself and a couple of friends went away for the weekend in the car, travelling to various railway stations / depots along the way to do some railway photography. It was a fantastic weekend, one that will not be forgotten for memories and the hot weather and not forgetting, the fantastic and luck in terms of the photographs we were able to get captured on the camera and the access to some specific locations. All photographs and full information can be found in the links below. Locations on Saturday 17th Oct include Carlisle, Carnforth, Warrington Bank Quay, Warrington Arpley Sidings, Crewe station, Crewe C.S., Crewe E.M.D. and Derby. Locatons on Sunday 18th Oct include Cheddesden Yard (Fastline Depot), Toton (accesss granted), Doncaster, Wensleydale Railway and Carlisle.

Carlisle:
jonno22
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby jonno22 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:13 am

Hi all. On Thursday 20th November 2009 I went on a visit to Warrington Bank Quay and Crewe stations and also Crewe D.M.D. (Diesel Maintenence Depot). The weather was fantastic throughout the day at Warrington, better said than Scotland and Cumbria in England. I first visited Crewe station last month briefly for an hour or so and I wanted to come back and capture a few scenes at the station. I quite like how derelict the station looks. I wanted to capture busy scenes and unusual views to capture the railway scene at the station with the camera. All of the 56 very mixed variety photographs can be found in a new gallery in the link provided below. Full captions have been provided for all of the photographs in the gallery. Photographs, in terms of traction include, Class 66s, 47s, 57s, 58s and 56s plus lots more.

Photograph Link:
http://jonathanmcgurk.fotopic.net/c1783672.html

jonno22
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:16 pm

Wow! Ghost trains! Spooky! 8O
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe