Manchester Buildings

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Manchester Buildings

Postby dougie79 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:12 pm

In my last few weeks of staying in Manchester, thought you might like to see some of the buildings down here. Starting with the CiS building. Part of the cladding on the outside is made up of solar cells creating almost 45% of the electricity needs for the building. Wish I could do that in my house! :roll:

This is the beetham tower in Manchester, this place is well fantastic, there is a swimming pool half way up, they filmed an episode of coronation street here a few weeks ago. Incase anyone is interested you get a pretty good view of the coronation street set from up there.
Underground Overground wandering free
dougie79
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: Manchester Buildings

Postby rabmania » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:17 pm

Big wheel at Christmas

rabmania
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:12 am

Do you know if Big Wheel is to stay in Manchester for a while?
Maybe I will get a turn on it next time I am over.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby rabmania » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:37 am

I think it lives there.
rabmania
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:18 am

Cracking photo of it. Were there not rumours of such a thing for Glasgow at some point, or am I just imagining it?
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby darrel » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:02 am

http://darrels.smugmug.com/
darrel
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby edthered » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:20 pm

Absolutely hundreds of Manchester pics, here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=335

Use the site to access many other cities across the world, some of them are superb. :D
edthered
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby RapidAssistant » Wed May 07, 2014 7:46 am

dougie79 wrote:Image

In my last few weeks of staying in Manchester, thought you might like to see some of the buildings down here. Starting with the CiS building. Part of the cladding on the outside is made up of solar cells creating almost 45% of the electricity needs for the building. Wish I could do that in my house! :roll:

This is the beetham tower in Manchester, this place is well fantastic, there is a swimming pool half way up, they filmed an episode of coronation street here a few weeks ago. Incase anyone is interested you get a pretty good view of the coronation street set from up there.

The Beetham Tower is an amazing building - the bottom half is a Hilton hotel. I stayed in it for a long weekend last year, managed to blag an upgrade to the executive floor - so we were one floor below the cantilevered part on the 22nd Floor. The 23rd Floor is divided between a sky bar (which is open to the public) and the executive lounge for the hotel, which is pretty amazing - they've got portholes in the floor so you can stand on glass and look down at the sheer drop to the street - scary.

I can heartily recommend it - it's good value if you book ahead in advance.
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Around the World