Helensburgh

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Helensburgh

Postby hazy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:09 pm

I know this is not very nice but it must be said. Has any body had this misfortune of going to Helensburgh lately. What a dump. Yoused to go there when I was a kid years ago and took my 15 year old daughter down there the other day. Shockarama a thought it was all locked up apart from some stray english navy guys the place was deserted. Complete waste of petrol.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:20 pm

Well it is a retirement town now!

They are also doing a lot of new water (read shite) pipe replacement so theres a lot of digging up, and its erm autum - now my piece of PR for Argyll and Bute is over!
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Schiehallion » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:56 pm

Funny, earlier tonight I was reading about arguably Helensburgh's most famous daughter, the actress Deborah Kerr who holds the record of having the most Best Actress Oscar nominations (6) without ever winning including nominations for 'From Here To Eternity' and 'The King And I'. I had never realised she was Scottish never mind from Helensburgh!
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Apollo » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:50 pm

Anytime after September is not the time to go to any of the Clyde coast towns if you want to see something nice.

They are seasonal, and a number of the shopowner do close up (some even sell up) and leave the place until the start of the next season come March or April. They won't paint or tidy until they come back, as the friendly, salty sea breeze will do its worst over winter.

I remember ambling down to Girvan one sunny September past, and was surprised to fnd the sweet and rock shop nearthe pool open. I went in looking for some of their tablet, but no luck. The only reason it was open was to sell of the last of the stock of rock etc. as it wouldn't last until they re-opened in March.
Apollo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby desto » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:24 pm

:)! I sumtimes use that for a cruz location if am out wae a new gal! usualy works they end up pish bord an on top of me by the nite :)!

good wee chippy on main road thow!
desto
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:06 pm

desto wrote::)! I sumtimes use that for a cruz location if am out wae a new gal! usualy works they end up pish bord an on top of me by the nite :)!

good wee chippy on main road thow!

Oh the patter!
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby desto » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:05 pm

well a dont rely on me looks! patters all i have :)!
desto
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:44 pm

desto wrote:patters all i have :)!

We'll crack the jokes Image
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Around the World