NZ earthquake

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

NZ earthquake

Postby peter » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:27 pm

The recent quake in Christchurch has seen my son and his wife made homelesss.jobless. They are lucky to be alive. If it were not for the dominating news on Gaddafi there might be more on NZ. As it is hundreds are fleeing the city , many for good fearing another bad quake. Pete reckons if will take years if at all to recover. The majority of the city is cordoned off by the Army and Police. If this was Pakistan or similar there would be an outcry with appeals for aid. NZ is not a wealthy country and might not recover for many years to come.

https://cid-66c06a83d780e9bc.skydrive.l ... 80E9BC!153
"I've seen them come and I've seen them go. And I've seen them Die"
peter
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: NZ earthquake

Postby jodieohdoh » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:54 pm

The Red Cross has made it known they're accepting donations for Christchurch.
jodieohdoh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby pingu » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:09 pm

peter wrote:The recent quake in Christchurch has seen my son and his wife made homelesss.jobless. They are lucky to be alive. If it were not for the dominating news on Gaddafi there might be more on NZ. As it is hundreds are fleeing the city , many for good fearing another bad quake. Pete reckons if will take years if at all to recover. The majority of the city is cordoned off by the Army and Police. If this was Pakistan or similar there would be an outcry with appeals for aid. NZ is not a wealthy country and might not recover for many years to come.

what is the link youve put on?
toot toot
pingu
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby peter » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:18 pm

pingu wrote:
peter wrote:The recent quake in Christchurch has seen my son and his wife made homelesss.jobless. They are lucky to be alive. If it were not for the dominating news on Gaddafi there might be more on NZ. As it is hundreds are fleeing the city , many for good fearing another bad quake. Pete reckons if will take years if at all to recover. The majority of the city is cordoned off by the Army and Police. If this was Pakistan or similar there would be an outcry with appeals for aid. NZ is not a wealthy country and might not recover for many years to come.

what is the link youve put on?

It's Windows Silverlight Skydrive. and pics from a mobile. so prob wont work on some folks pcs
peter
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby peter » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:21 pm

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic
le.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10709230
try this
peter
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Icecube » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:53 pm

Sorry to hear about your boy and his wife Peter and you make valid points. The people of Christchurch are our kith & kin and there should be collection tins in shops to assist them financially. It happens for other disasters.
Icecube
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Sharon » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:49 pm

Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bridie » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:06 am

So sorry to read about your family Peter and I hope things recover for them asap.

My daughter lived in Nelson for a short while, spent some time in Christchurch and was so impressed with NZ and the people. I saw a lovely letter from a resident of Christchurch in one of our national papers thanking the British for helping and sending over the rescue services.
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Around the World