Demoliton - West Dunbartonshire Council Style

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Demoliton - West Dunbartonshire Council Style

Postby My Kitten » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:42 pm

From Dumbarton and Vale of Leven Reporter

the regeneration of Dumbarton town centre is set to undergo another controversial change with the planned demolition of the Burgh hall along with most of the Old Academy building. The proposal, which will also see the site put up for sale, was noted last week by West Dunbartonshire Council's community safety and environmental services committee. They supported the idea for the redevelopment of the derelict Old Academy building and surrounding area in Church Street. Appropriate applications will be submitted to the council soon but before any decisions are taken council will have to obtain approval from Scottish Ministers for the partial demolition of the historically A listed building and retention of the facade. Permission will have to be sought from a Sheriff for the disposal of the Old Academy building, new Burgh Hall and related land which come under Dumbarton Common Good Fund. Councillor Geoff Calvert said he was happy to agree with the proposals. He suggested that the situation be made known to local people so that they know what is going on. He also called for regular updates during the work.

8O
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby teclo » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:40 pm

Sigh, I always wondered what they were going to do with that. The main building has been lying empty for as long as I can remember.
teclo
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Return to Around the World